My thoughts are get an ESP Eclipse 2.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Looks sexy, love the maple fretboard.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
If only those dots were black, or black block inlays, that would be the most beautiful guitar I ever could lay my eyes on.

On topic: Sounds just like a studio but a bit brighter due to the maple.. Overall good (If you try more than one, oh the joys of Gibson's QC)

Gear

Tokai FA70 (My Korean ES-175)

Amplitube

Artisan 30 fund: £50/£1200
Quote by TheShizzNizz
http://www.dv247.com/assets/products/63836_l.jpg

the title says it all, i can not afford the standard etc.

worth the money?? good guitar??

cheers

It's a Gibson, it's never going to be worth the money - the prices are probably more than twice what they reasonably should be.

That said if you try one and really like it, and truly think it's worth spending twice what you should be, just for a name, then buy it.

However there is a wealth of better value guitars available... I'd reccomend trying those as well.

What kind of styles/ sounds do yo want it to play?
thanks for the responses guys.

endtherapture51: no im not buying a guitar that expensive sorry as my limit is pretty much £800 (me being from uk)

notmewtoguitar: all sorts a LOT of guns and roses, rock little bit of metal. and i have a marshall so it would sound great with that. and yet me playing in a band a huge variation of different songs eg. summer of 69, sweet home alabama and also stuff like BEAT IT

so a lot of songs i play, keep the answers coming and thanks to the other guys that have responded to the question
get a gibson lp studio fireburst its same price almost nd it looks amazing!
gibson lp raw is ok..but i dont like maple fretboards the tone is thinner than kate moss nd it looks fugly
7stringusr: that guitar looks BEAUTIFUL, i might have to try it

whencowsfart: cheers but they exceed 800 pounds
I hope you know that that guitar is made out of all maple minus the neck...
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
My thoughts are get an ESP Eclipse 2.

+1
(۳ ˚Д˚۳
WTFISTHIS****!?!??

My Rig

Quote by SimplyBen
Wait until he's trying the fullstack, then shove it from behind. Crushing him with it's overdrive

Quote by BobDetroit
You can't tune a LP copies down. Some kind of lawsuit Gibson won. Sorry.
thanks though i do not have enough for the eclipse ii and how does the maple effect the tone of the guitar?
Get a LTD EC-401 or FM, much better

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by TheShizzNizz
thanks though i do not have enough for the eclipse ii and how does the maple effect the tone of the guitar?

Well it's not going to sound like your standard les paul, and it's going to be much heavier.
Lets jump in a pool

Last edited by I am wet : Today at 03:26 XM.
i dont understand then, why make a guitar like that there must be something great about it besides looks
The LP Raw will sound very bright compared to the average Les Paul.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
The raw power does clean as well as any les paul, but it's distortion is not the classic lp sound if that's what you are after, but clean is v. good.
Maple is an extremely heavy wood and also very bright when used with a guitar so if you want those classic tones like Zep, GnR, etc., i'd recommend getting a Les Paul with a mahogany back and maple top like they were back then.
what model amp you playing it through
i gathered it was a marshall
GEAR
94 Fender Stratocaster Plus
02 Gibson Les Paul Special (modded)
Orange AD-30 Combo

The SG Thread pwns your thread.
I actually got to play one today at a small shop in NH. It was horrible! It sounded like sh*t. It had such a cheesy tin kind of tone I really can't explain it except I thought it sounded like an electric ukulele. My friend thought I was screwing around until they tried it. I love a Les Pauls because of their great warm tone and this fails badly.

You get a chance try one out but don't expect a good tone.

John
Quote by whencowsfart101
get a gibson lp studio fireburst its same price almost nd it looks amazing!
gibson lp raw is ok..but i dont like maple fretboards the tone is thinner than kate moss nd it looks fugly

+1 (LOL about the Kate Moss comment)
ok thanks bud after watching a few videos it does look very ukaleleish :P

i live in the UK, besides ebay is there any other place where you can pick up a cheap second hand les paul studio?

thanks
Quote by TheShizzNizz
ok thanks bud after watching a few videos it does look very ukaleleish :P

i live in the UK, besides ebay is there any other place where you can pick up a cheap second hand les paul studio?

thanks

what model amp you playing it through
i gathered it was a marshall
GEAR
Orange AD-30 Combo

When I tried the one I played, I tried it thru a few different amps like I always do. A Marshall combo amp JVM something, A B52 combo 60 watt tube amp and one other brand half stack I can't remember (EGNL or something). I also tried it thru a a couple SS amps, a Line 6 Spider II and an old used Johnson. It actually sounded better thru the SS amps IMO I could play around with the settings to get a little better tone but as far as I am concerned it still failed. Still sounding ukaleleish, real twangy.

John
you have a marshall mg
any guitar you buy will sound **** with it
dont be a noob
get a good amp
and by good i dont mean line6 spider
GEAR
Orange AD-30 Combo

Quote by steve!
you have a marshall mg
dont be a noob
get a good amp

Lol that made laugh, especially the noob part
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Quote by steve!
you have a marshall mg
dont be a noob
get a good amp

Could've been phrased more eloquently, but this. Get an Epiphone Les Paul or another copy company and a proper amp. Buy used, you can get a second-hand Valveking for ~$350 on eBay.
Squier Strat (Jazz/JB) - Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby - Boss MIJ HM-2 Distortion - Peavey Valveking 212 - Fender CD60
Last edited by Pretty. Odd. at Sep 14, 2009,
Its not that badder guitar, u do need to change ur EQ alot on the amp though, it sadly cannot be the same as ur standard mahogany lp, the two i played were well built and pretty big n bulky but thats how i like my guitars with some weight there.

Its not something id gig with but its a nice guitar to have for the sake of having if u get me
Guitars
Custom Les Paul
Custom ZW Bullseye
Brunswick BD200CE
Epiphone ZW Custom Camo
Custom Fender Highway Tele Daphne Blue
Parker Nitefly M
Squier Classic Vibes Strat W/BKPs
Ibanez SZR720QM W/EMGs
Quote by TheShizzNizz

Trade It may have some listed. If you're in the south, there's Vintage & Rare, who have one store in London and another store in Bath, who deal in all kinds of (a sthe name suggests) vintage and rare guitars, as well as a lot of second hand guitars. They might get one occasionally.

Gibson's distirbutor has ****ed over the UK hugely so it is going to be hard to find any good Gibsons here now. There basically aren't many new ones coming into the country at all and people are selling their old ones at inflated prices since so few shops can sell them new.

And to the earlier question of what could be good about an all-maple LP: the answer is a lot. More sustain than any other guitar you will ever find, and a brighter and more articulate tone than any other guitar you will ever hear. Yes, they do weigh a lot compared to other LPs, but no more than most bass guitars weigh really, and though the tone won't be for everyone (especially if you play with obscene amounts of gain or are specifically after a 'classic' LP tone), it has many uses. Anyone who likes 80's hard rock in particular will like the tone of the Raw LPs and SGs.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.