Like online shipped goods that you never ever tested, any bad / good stories to share?
yep...this is the double whammy too....I bought a Schecter C-7 Hellraiser on a whim off ebay because the price was right...It was an amazing guitar....wouldn't recommend doing that though; I was pretty foolish
http://www.youtube.com/user/chuckmehh
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
DBX166XL/BBE Sonic Maximizer
Boss NS-2, sCream Cheese 2.0 OD, Zakk Wylde wah
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Awe-in-One picks..and more
My Epiphone Les Paul

i never liked the feel of the neck, the pups are poopy and i need to adjust everything when i got it.
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
^ the same thing happened to me. I like the neck but i think i only the only reason i bought it was because it an epiphone
wow I also bought my Epiphone Les Paul standard on ebay...that one also worked very well haha I love that guitar. Had to replace the stock pickups (with EMGs) but other than that it plays very well. It is one of my favorite guitars still to this day
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Quote by chuckmehh
wow I also bought my Epiphone Les Paul standard on ebay...that one also worked very well haha I love that guitar. Had to replace the stock pickups (with EMGs) but other than that it plays very well. It is one of my favorite guitars still to this day

my Fender...regreted deeply. Only buy guitars if your looking at them while buying
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Quote by alexdoabismo
my Fender...regreted deeply. Only buy guitars if your looking at them while buying

I agree even though both times I bought guitars off ebay it worked very well
Randall RM100/Basson Cab
Custom Epiphones
Monster Cables
Quote by toshiyap
any amps pedals?

its mainly eBay thats the problem. if your buying off MF, you should be safe since they have a fairly good return policy. and you should always buy expensive items with the gold insurance whats-its-face they offer when you click BUY. its expensive, but worth it.
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Last edited by alexdoabismo at Sep 13, 2009,
I bought my SG and JSX off of ebay no problem.
Gibson SG Standard
Ibanez S2170FB
Peavey JSX
Marshall 1960A
TEXAS A&M
Boss MD-2, BOSS GE-7, Crate GTX-212, Marshall Mosfet lead 100.

I buy most of my gear online, except for my guitars, I HAVE to test them, first.

I tend to trust UG reviews.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
My Schecter(had it imported from a non-local guitar center), Both of my main acoustics, my recording gear, my Vox AD30VT... Annnnnnnd my Bugera 333XL. Lmao... Pretty much every bit of expensive gear I've gotten has been off the net.
All of my pedals. I did read a lot of reviews, and buy them pretty cheaply though. It's fine with pedals (I've liked all of mine, and they're easy to sell on again anyway), but I'd never do it with a guitar or amp.

EDIT: Actually, I might do it with a bass amp now, as I need to buy one very cheaply, and I'm less fussy about my bass tone.
Quote by XxLloydxX
How young would you consider no-pedo attempt
Last edited by monkey_dancer at Sep 13, 2009,
My ex amp, ENGL Screamer 50 and Framus 212 cab... delighted with them both. Was sad to say g'bye :'(
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
Almost every amp I've owned I never played before I got it. Same goes for my Edwards and Washburn.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
My guitars, amps, and pedals. Everything off the net, everything worked fine
i bought my VC15 without playing it and i love it to death!
Get off this damn forum and play your damn guitar.
Most of the stuff I haven't liked has come off the net. Then again I have a tendency to make stupid purchases when I'm stood infront of stuff as well so I really am screwed.
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Yep, I've actually never bought anything significant from a guitar shop. Everything has been bought online, either eBay (mostly), craigslist (out of state and have them ship to me), or brand new off Zzounds or something (hardly ever). My current setup right now is all used stuff from... just out of state craigslist actually! Epiphone alleykat, Traynor YCS50, THD Hot Plate, MXR 6 EQ, and a TC Electronics Nova Delay. All of it is off of Craigslist, and I love everything.
I was in the need for an inexpensive neck for a Squier body. I got one off eBay. What I got was less than inexpensive it was downright cheap. When I opened the package a fret had fallen out and the thing would not even fit a Fender body. While the screw holes where correctly spaced the area that fits into the body neck pocket was WAY oversize both in thickness and length. It was less trouble to just glue the fret in and sand the thing down than to send it back. At least the fret spacing was correct and the truss rod worked so it had that going for it. You get what you pay for. To this day I will only buy Warmoth or Fender wood parts for Strat style guitars.

I did get a MINT condition Peavey Valveking 112 amp off of ebay. Arrived in perfect condition and the tubes were still good.

You buy things untested and not in person and you take your chances. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it does not. I decided to never buy anything online over $300 unless I see it up close and in person.
Last edited by sparkeyjames at Sep 13, 2009,
Quote by MatrixClaw
Almost every amp I've owned I never played before I got it. Same goes for my Edwards and Washburn.

+1

Me too. The only amp I did test out before buying was my old Line 6 Spider III.
I bought my bugera 6262 without trying it but from sound clips and design I knew it would sound like a 6505 which I have tried and liked. I also bought my maxon od 808 without trying it online and my bad horsie 2 wah.
I bought my Epiphone SG Special without testing it because I had to get to another shop to buy my Vypyr before it was closed. Well, I didn't test them because I had no time and didn't know that it was important to test them. The Vypyr is okay, but the frets and bolt-on neck of the SG are crappy.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz
I bought a Blackstar HT-5 from M123 without trying it. I ended up returning it because it didn't have much gain. Good amp though, that's it's only flaw.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.