im still kindof n00bish when it comes to amps for the main part. im going to get this amp within the week hopefully. and as the title states, is this a tube or solid state amp?

Open the top of the back and look, to me it loods like a solid state.
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Just by the pics, I would say it's solid state, but I can't be 100% sure
+1 on the solid state lookingness

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
+2 to solid state.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
alright. its a 1973 g80 or something according to the person. wont see it till when i go to get it.

EDIT: its got 4x10 speakers and all the electronics has been changed
Last edited by PittsPeng at Sep 13, 2009,
Ask the seller! How are we supposed to tell for certain? It looks a little like a GA-55 Ranger but then again it's probably a 70s SS cheapie, the pics are far too small. What does the Craigslist advert say?

EDIT: The G80 is a solid state.
Last edited by kyle62 at Sep 13, 2009,
the advert says

"I have a 1973 Gibson G80 Guitar Amp for sale. It is on wheels for ease in transportation. It is not light. 31" tall, 10" deep, and 27-1/2" wide. There are (4) 10" speakers. This is a VERY loud and crisp amp. ALL electronics were adjusted and replaced to new in the last four years. I am not a electronics whiz, so i may not be able to answer all questions. I simply know that this is a very good and vintage amp that should be bought by someone who will appreciate it."
Send him this email:
"Dear seller,

Do you happen to know if the amp you are selling (1973 Gibson G80) is a tube amp or a solid state amp.

Thank you for your help."

Wasn't really hard was it?
im buying this cause i want a bigger amp than i have currently (15w) and because i dont want to pay a ridiculous amount for a amp with a classic look when i can get this. and im getting it no matter what. but im just curious if its solid or tube
Quote by PittsPeng
im buying this cause i want a bigger amp than i have currently (15w) and because i dont want to pay a ridiculous amount for a amp with a classic look when i can get this. and im getting it no matter what. but im just curious if its solid or tube

If you're getting this just because of it's classic looks I hope you enjoy it but you can stop making threads about it as we're concerned with how amps sound.
Last edited by BobDetroit at Sep 13, 2009,
Quote by BobDetroit
If you're getting this just because of it's classic looks I hope
you enjoy it but you can stop making threads about it as we're concerned with how amps sound.

reason why i was wondering if its tube is cause im getting some emgs and putting them in one of my guitars and i have read that emgs sound better out of a tube than a solid. so in a way i was curious for the sound.
Quote by BobDetroit
If you're getting this just because of it's classic looks I hope you enjoy it but you can stop making threads about it as we're concerned with how amps sound.

way to be an asshole to him. its just a question/comment.
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobDetroit

way to be an asshole to him. its just a question/comment.

I don't think Bob is being out of line, If the TS just wanted to know if it was SS or Tube, he could go to google and find that out in 5 seconds. People come here for opinions, and most anyone who actually cares about what this guy is doing would urge him to not buy an amp based on looks. I think most of us would agree that would be a huge mistake.
Quote by Chetbango
I don't think Bob is being out of line, If the TS just wanted to know if it was SS or Tube, he could go to google and find that out in 5 seconds.
Did you verify this statement?
Quote by fly135
Did you verify this statement?

Clearly he did not. The only thing I found googling was the ad the TS is talking about... That was just from a cursory search though, I didn't try any of the sites I usually use.
Quote by Cathbard
Quote by Raijouta
Unless its electronic drums.

BURN THE WITCH!!!!!