Hey all kinda new to the forum never got round to joining before! Anyways im looking to get a new guitar. I need a bit of help finding one that ticks all the boxes if im going to be spending a bit on it. Probs up to bout £800? I mainly play thrash kinda stuff and like to shred so a nice fast kinda neck is essential. Been playing an Ibanez RG for last 2 years. So anyway id like my new guitar to have the following:

Active EMG pickups
Origonal Floyd rose Trem
Regular kinda strat shape body like my ibanez RG
Thin neck (im used to playing a wizard 2)
Preferably mahogay or alder body
Preferably a set or neck thru

Had a bit of trouble finding anything to fit the bill, maybe im asking too much. But ur help would be greaty appreciated. Just let me know of any u can reccommend!! Thanks in advance.
High end LTDs have those I think. Like, Mh-1000. And the ESP Standard Series guitar have alll of those as well.

edit: Mh-1000 hasnt an original floyd, but high end ESP tremolos are just as good as the originals.

edit2: if you can stand signature guitars, KH-602 as well, but no OFR. id recommend you a Schecter, but their necks are very thick.
Brasil.

Quote by Daneeka
I heard there is uranium gas in the tubes. So you could easily make a little nuclear blast. If i were you, i wouldn't want to start the World War III.

THE SHORT BACK AND SIDES !!!

Fender Jaguar HH
Digitech RP355
Last edited by alexdoabismo at Sep 13, 2009,
Check out LTD MH's and the Jackson DKMG.
Quote by CurtisRG
any idea about the jackson FR? Was lookign at the DKMG dinky?
It's a good floyd rose IMO. When I used it it stayed in tune.
Last edited by DIMEBAGLIVEDON at Sep 13, 2009,
I have the DKMG and it has everything you want except it's bolt-on but trust me it's still confortable to play on the high frets. The Jackson FR is also great and it stays in tune very well.
Peavey 3120
Mesa 2x12 Rectifier Cabinet
Jackson RR5
Jackson DKMG
LTD EC-1000
TC Electronic Polytune
BOSS RV-5
BOSS DD-7
MXR 10-band EQ
EHX Small Clone
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby
BOSS NS-2
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
hmm also the jackson is bout 300 quid cheaper than the ESP lol wich makes me happy. I guess the idea of having an esp is due to my love for guess what band.
A lot of guitars have that. It's kind of a standard metal/shred guitar
Not that is bad though, don't get me wrong. Check out Jackson, Ibanez, ESP/LTD, Schecter etc. They probably all have at least one model that has that specs (or the bigger part of those specs).
RGT320Z.
i think its out of your price range tho.

the MH1000 is also good
PSN USERNAME: MetuulGuitarist7
STEAM:MetuulGuitarist7
Origin:MetuulGuitarist7
feel free to add me
reviews seem to b even better on the ol M1000 im rather liking that 1 as well
on the DKMG iv seen some pics with sharktooth inlays that cover like half the fret, and others that r tiny lil baby teeth. Did they change the way they do it at some point?
Quote by CurtisRG
on the DKMG iv seen some pics with sharktooth inlays that cover like half the fret, and others that r tiny lil baby teeth. Did they change the way they do it at some point?

the "lil baby teeth" are available for the DKMG, look at the DK2M if you dont want that inlay
feel free to add me
Quote by WTF!!is a TAB
the "lil baby teeth" are available for the DKMG, look at the DK2M if you dont want that inlay
DK2M doesn't have actives.
Wow that looks odd but quite cool. Liking the "right way up" headstock :P
Quote by DIMEBAGLIVEDON
http://www.jacksonguitars.com/products/products.php?group=Pro-Series&page=1&product=2911005803

???

I checked the MG series, and they have no DK2M.

According to the Jackson website, there is no DK2M with actives.

its a limited edition.

AMS is the only one that has them
feel free to add me
Active EMG pickups Yes EMG 81/85
Origonal Floyd rose Trem No but a good LFR
Regular kinda strat shape body like my ibanez RG Yes
Thin neck (im used to playing a wizard 2) Yes but not as thin as a Wizard
Preferably mahogay or alder body Yes Mahogany, Maple neck Ebony Fretboard
Preferably a set or neck thru Yes Set Neck
Under £800 Yes http://www.richardsguitars.co.uk/acatalog/Richards_Guitars_EVL_K6_BKMS_365.html
I pick up my guitar and play
Just like Yesterday

T C Ellis Series 2 LP w/Skatterbrane Quiescence pups
Cort EVL-K6
Yamaha RGX211 modded
H&S Electric 12-string
Shaftsbury Ricki 4001
'84 Fender Yale
Roland Cube 15x

Im going to say the ESP-LTD ec1000 deluxe, its got a les paul style body though.

Im not sure about the price, and im not positive it comes with active EMGs, they may be passive. Don't worry about the EMGs too much though, you could always buy a set yourself.

I have one, but mine came with Duncans, and I prefer the tone of them over the EMGs.
RIP Terje (Valfar) Bakken