Im interested in the Hughes & Kettner edition tube 25. It has a 1x12” Celestion G12 T100/8 Ohm speaker.
Now I heard bad things about the G12T speaker. so I'm asking you, would you recommend it?

(the edition tube 20 had a 12" Eminence RockDriver Cream speaker)
To be perfectly honest, I don't care for the speaker. But the Edition Tube is such a neat amp that I'd get it anyway, and maybe change the speaker if it were enough of a problem.
Quote by PapaSchumpf
Im interested in the Hughes & Kettner edition tube 25. It has a 1x12” Celestion G12 T100/8 Ohm speaker.
Now I heard bad things about the G12T speaker. so I'm asking you, would you recommend it?

(the edition tube 20 had a 12" Eminence RockDriver Cream speaker)

I would recommend it. Even assuming that the speaker is bad. Just get a new speaker and it'll still be good value.

Remember what your paying for, Spring reverb, all tube, made in Germany. It's such good value.
Quote by ch0
I once trapped my left testicle in a vice. I have no left testicle.
How would you compare the edition tube 25(495&euro to the blackstar ht-5(399&euro?
I know 90 percent of UGers want to have sex with the ht-5 but seriously could it beat a combo which has 15 watts more and costs 100€ more?
Quote by PapaSchumpf
How would you compare the edition tube 25(495&euro to the blackstar ht-5(399&euro?
I know 90 percent of UGers want to have sex with the ht-5 but seriously could it beat a combo which has 15 watts more and costs 100€ more?

I have the HT-5 Combo and if I could choose between them again I would got for the Hughes and Kettner.

This is mainly because of the higher wattage, which I will need because I'm starting to do bigger live gigs. Also it has spring reverb.

However the HT-5 has amazing clean and overdrive tones.

So if you just want good tone and only want an amp to do band practices and small gigs, get the HT-5.

But if you want to do bigger gigs and Reverb is really important, get the Hughes and Kettner.

By the way the Hughes and Kettner also has really good clean and overdrive tones. So don't choose one over the other for better tone (unless you've tried them both and have decided yourself).
Quote by ch0
I once trapped my left testicle in a vice. I have no left testicle.
My NAD (which is the H&K) https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1200114

Mate, I just got the H&K and the 2 amps I was looking at was that and the HT-5 mini stack. I tried them both and it took me weeks to decide (partly because I loved the look of the HT-5) but in the end I went for the Hughes and Kettner. Why?

Because:

1) The cleans were so rich and deep compared to the HT5
2) It could go LOUD and the HT-5 was relatively quiet at high volumes and it would have to be mic'd to do gigs even if they're small whereas the Hughes and Kettner could do small gigs quite easily.
3) Combo is smaller than the whole stack but that didn't make much difference to me

Overall IMO, the H&K is a better amp, I would have paid the £500 but in the end I found a site (http://www.dv247.com/guitars/hughes-and-kettner-edition-tube-25th-tube-guitar-amp-combo--64011) which had the hughes and kettner for ONLY £388!! And that was actually cheaper than the HT-5 mini stack price tag of £399. I am not knocking the HT-5 but IMO for the pure "class" I went for the H&K. Also I found that the hughes and kettner handled pedals better than the HT5.

1 more thing: spring reverb, made in Germany. What more do you want?

Good luck!