ok so I need one. Is there any other way to get the brights future scholarship without

having to take the SAT? I'm just planning on going to a community college for 2 years and transferring, but I just need a scholarship that's at least 75%

so...any Floridians here in the pit?
wow...no one's posted...looks like nobody in FL has a scholarship
Quote by brandon369852
lolworthy- classicrockboy WIN of thread.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace."
~ Jimi Hendrix

UG Backing Track Band
UG Rock Opera
Check out my songs for it

Currently e-single. Hit me up ladies
From what I know remember you do have to take the SATs to get Bright Futures. My suggestion is that since your planning on college you should try and do Duel Enrollment (If your county has it). With It you can begin taking classes at the community college in your area and not pay anything at all.
Usually with scholarships you do need to take the SAT test. They don't want to give out cash to someone with the IQ of a cashew.

You could always apply for government cheese at http://www.fafsa.ed.gov/
^^
Well I'm not exactly the brightest, or smartest student. I just work hard sometimes, and laziness gets me at the worst times.

I'm already a senior, and I think it's too late to take some classes at my community college.
You can take the ACT instead and still get Bright Futures. I don't know if you want to avoid the SAT specifically or standardized tests in general, but I personally found the ACT to be much easier.
You usually have to do something to prove your value for a scholarship. Merely mastering the ability to convert oxygen to carbon dioxide usually won't cut it.

I suggest getting involved in programs with your school, community etc. if you are really adamant about not taking the SAT/ACT.

I do volunteer work at a local hospital by me, and thus they pay a BIG chunk of my tuition.
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."
Last edited by RageAgnstUrJaw at Sep 13, 2009,
Quote by spazticpsycho43
You can take the ACT instead and still get Bright Futures. I don't know if you want to avoid the SAT specifically or standardized tests in general, but I personally found the ACT to be much easier.

Ah yes, the ACT. I've heard it's worse, but might as well give that a try.

Did any of you that took the sat get classes? I'm not sure whether to get the official SAT book, and study from that