Whenever i use my whammy bar tobring my bridge up, my locking nut makes a kind-of-cracking sound
I already tryed to loose it, but if it is too loose, i use my whammy bar and my guitar falls a bit out of tune :S

Help plawks
Are the strings new? Sometimes this noise is from the strings stretching near the nut.
Warmoth Strat w/ Lace Holy Grails
'07 Roadhouse Strat
Washburn WD-21 all Koa Acoustic
Marshall JCM-2000 TSL-122
Bugera V-5
well if its anything like mine was doing a while back then just take the locking nuts off and there should be a 2 screws under where they go just tighten or loosen those and put the locking nuts back on. If that doesn't work then idk. And see what strings are causing it too. I did that and it wasn't doing that cracking sound anymore.
My Gear:
Ibanez RG-350 YE w/ Super Dist. and PAF pro pups
ESP LTD KH-602
Dean db razorback
Fender Squier Strat
Epiphone goth bass
acoustic unknown brand
Digitech Rp250
Line 6 Spider 3
Peavey Vypyr 75 watt
Quote by bfredder92
well if its anything like mine was doing a while back then just take the locking nuts off and there should be a 2 screws under where they go just tighten or loosen those and put the locking nuts back on. If that doesn't work then idk. And see what strings are causing it too. I did that and it wasn't doing that cracking sound anymore.

How can i remove the nut?

Quote by Rogue Hermit
Are the strings new? Sometimes this noise is from the strings stretching near the nut.

The string are like 1 month-old
tighten the nut itself, not the locks. thats what worked with mine.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ