Yeah boy! Made a Guitar Center run today and was pretty excited to see this thing in their used pedal box, and gladly picked it up for $50. Im really digging this thing. Throw on some reverb and delay and you get that huge wall of distortion that its known for. Great for the 80s Swedish death metal tone as well, of course.

And yes, the first thing I played on it was Only Shallow
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
I have one of those pedals, hate it though

Happy new pedal day!! Enjoy it
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Quote by nightraven
kevin shields!

What can I say? My Bloody Valentine is the tits.
Board:
Pitchblack - Fulltone Octafuzz - Hardwire OD - Blakemore Effects Deus Ex Machina - MXR Micro Chorus - Diamond Memory Lane Jr - EHX SMMH - Neunaber Wet
Quote by pigeonmafia
I have one of those pedals, hate it though

Happy new pedal day!! Enjoy it

Its good for two really specific things. If youre using it for non-80s Swedish death metal, shogaze, or post rock it isnt that great.
Board:
Quote by britishsligean
happy new pedal day but it looks like you got abit ripped off

Thats about what they go for on eBay and Craigslist ($45-50)
Board:
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
Its good for two really specific things. If youre using it for non-80s Swedish death metal, shogaze, or post rock it isnt that great.

It might also be because of mine's age... it doesn't sound right lol
Nice...didn't Clapton use one of these in the 80s?

HNPD!

Between the velvet lies, there's a truth as hard as steel.
The vision never dies, life's a neverending wheel.
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp
Thats about what they go for on eBay and Craigslist ($45-50)

it may be the case but it looks pretty banged up
Post a sound clip of you using it, i'm really interested to hear how it sounds!
Quote by IsThereLoveInSp

And yes, the first thing I played on it was Only Shallow

hnpd!
Quote by britishsligean
it may be the case but it looks pretty banged up

This is true, but it seems to be only cosmetic. Theres little noise on the highest settings, all the pots work well, and it sounds good. I was concerned about that when I first saw it though.

Quote by pigeonmafia
Post a sound clip of you using it, i'm really interested to hear how it sounds!

The best I can do is Youtube with my crappy webcam. Ill see if I can get something going though.

And thanks to all others! (and no, Im not a troll)
Board:
did the salesguy try and unload a spider and a MG on you while you were shopping for pedals?
HNPD.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

HNPD dude, I keep hearing good things about these. Are they as good as I hear?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

Quote by nightraven
heavy metal, not metal zone/core

this one's actually pretty good

Not when I had it Also, 50 bucks seems like a lot for a really banged up one like that one. I got mine for 30 bucks back then and it was near mint.

Ow well, if its worth it to you thats what matters.

Quote by ze monsta
^If you're talking about this thread, you fail hugely.

Congrats on your new pedal TS. I'm really jealous. I'm gonna need to pick one up soon.

I don't think my fail is all that bad, if any. 50 is a ripoff for a banged up one like that. I don't even like the pedal. Only slightly better than its ****ty cousins imo.

Ow well, different strokes for different blokes
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Sep 13, 2009,
Quote by ze monsta
Why would someone troll a pedal that people actually like, and tell people that they just got one? It's not like he came here saying it was ****, or that he got an MT-2.

MONSTA EDIT:You edited^ bitch.

I was expecting him to go surprise ********* on us and post something badass. 50 bucks for that pedal just really doesn't seem like a good deal to me at all.

*edit*

Yeah, I do that for multiple quotes.
WTLTL 2011
Last edited by Mark G at Sep 13, 2009,
Quote by ze monsta
Ah right, ok fella.
I'm still jealous of him, on gumtree here, they're still usually put up at £40/45, which is $75.

Haha wow, big price difference. Like I said though, if its worth it to him/you thats what matters

WTLTL 2011
Haha fair enough Mark G, to each their own. I dont really care about the cosmetic condition of my pedals as long as they work right, and I was willing to go up to $50 on it anyway, so the a bit above average price didnt bother me. I can see why you didnt like it though, as it has extremely limited functionality. I pretty much bought it to do one thing and one thing only: create huge distorted walls of sound. For anything else, I understand not liking it, especially if you play metal (which is what it looks like in your profile, at least).

Im uploading a brief video to youtube now. Ill be posting it when its ready
Board:
It's all about that Emtombed tone with that pedal

Happy new pedal day
Peavey VTM
Marshall 8412
Fender 4x12 loaded with t75's
Epiphone LP-100
Fender Stratocaster Highway one
Quote by Mark G
Where did I put my troll detector....

damnit

My fail detector points in your way. HM-2s are the ****. Congrats, TS.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
lovely.

If a Gain pedal's chassis isn't torn up when you buy it used obviously the buyer didn't show it enough love.
That pedal seems like its previous owner used the life out of it.
Now's your turn

Wasn't a fan of it when I owned it, but I only ever played it through a SS amp. Thinking of buying a new one to put in front of my Rebel.

HNPD!!!!! :congrats:

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.