Hi there,
Im on the market for an amp but having a tough time. Im looking for an amp that has like a fender type clean channel and also a distinct overdrive channel, meaning not a single channel amp....
I play a lot of jazz/fusion and intricate contemporary rock meaning like a lot of lead guitar and guthrie govan type shredding with jazzy lines. I also play straight ahead jazz...it might be impossible to get an amp that does all or even some of what i play, but i thought id just include the info.
I need an amp with full, responsive, rounded, focused tone. I like andy timmons' tone and also ive been looking at some diezels and bogners. Not sure how much the diezels run though. Two channels is nice and also some sort of power attentuator would be good too meaning a little switch that can reduce the wattage. Im looking at spending around 2k probably not much more. A combo amp is fine too. A head also will work since i have a m/b cab. I dont use any pedals so reverb would be good.

some amps ive been considering
Mesa Lonestar
Bogner Shiva
Diezel
Cornford
Mesa Mark V

any thoughts??
oh and btw i currently own a mesa dual rectifier.

Thanks!!
Trauma
Check out the Budda Superdrive series as well. Why don't you use any pedals?
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
the lonestar sounds perfect for you man. the Mark V's cleans are not as good, and i personally wasn't impressed with the other ones you listed in my experience with them
ENGL Blackmore
ENGL Sovereign
Diezel (all of them really)
Marshall JTM-45 (doesn't have a gain knob, and is one channel)
Mesa Lonestar
Bogner
Marshall Superlead Plexi (doesn't have a gain knob, and is one channel)
Budda Superdrive
Suhr
Ceriatone (great reviews about this company)
Fender Twin Reveb (Would have to use a pedal for the drive, unless you can play at inhuman volumes)
the buddas look ok. i would need more backup on an amp this expensive budda sound clips are decent...no good artists that ive found or any real recordings with noteworthy tone.

Ive heard engls before too liquidy and clean is to squeaky clean

i dont like marshall tone very much

suhrs look great but seem a little limited i need to look the up again....
i will check out ceriatone

and fender twin is an option but i sorta was looking for at least 2 distinct channels
Quote by trauma15
I WILL check out Budda Amps.
ALSO anyone played fuchs amps???????

If you like a middy tone, Fuchs ODS amps kick ass. I wasn't too fond of the clean for jazz though, I like a more mellow tone for that. The OD channel is awesome for fusion and blues sounds though.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
I'd go with an Orange AD30 or AD140.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
I don't play jazz but the Lonestar's are very nice imo. Every time I play one, I want one just that much more. I don't like how the reverb control is in the back but that is a small price to pay.

I suppose a EVH 5150 III would be worth a look but the gain structure may not be what you are looking for, plus they are kinda pricey for the build quality you get.
i'd take the lonestar if i were you
periphery/bulb!

gear:
Ibanez RG7321 w/ D-sonic in bridge

Peavey 5150 mk ii & b52 4x12 cab

line 6 podxt for recording

Quote by AsOneIStand
Head and Cab for $130? You don't need a head and cabinet, you need a psychological examination.
yea im leanin towards lonestar but idk those shivas look nice i may start a thread and see if anyone has comments about the shiva
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I don't play jazz but the Lonestar's are very nice imo. Every time I play one, I want one just that much more. I don't like how the reverb control is in the back but that is a small price to pay.

I suppose a EVH 5150 III would be worth a look but the gain structure may not be what you are looking for, plus they are kinda pricey for the build quality you get.

The 5150 EVH has 8 Preamp tubes

I would go for a Ceriatone clone, maybe a Dumble/Trainwreck clone