As musicians?

Your a brand new member of UG, don't go starting stupid threads already...
I'm back. Cower in fear, mortals.

Claudio Sanchez is my hero.
Because you touch yourself at night.
Quote by MoogleRancha

You sir, are a genius.

I salute you.

Quote by iwontwait
The bestowing of this thread on my life is yours. Thank you, Benjabenja.
as great guitarists? im not sure what you mean.

one thing i know however is that what is considered good to non players and players is much different. same with what is considered fast playing. i remember i was playing to a bunch of friends from work and i was just playing a bunch of bluesy licks of mine and one guy said he cant imagine playing that fast. but honestly, i didnt even think of playing fast. i thought they were basic stuff i was playing. if i start playing eric johnson runs people think its way to fast even though there are many much faster players that him. i guess players ears are more trained to hear music and it sounds different to us than to them.
It's funny, it seems that the guitarists the general public looks upon as being incredible aren't really the same for guitar players.

Example: I'm no longer a fan of Eddie Van Halen, but I've come to love David Gilmour. Yet everyone I know thinks Eddie's the greatest guitarist who ever lived.
I think the General public think the Jonas Brothers and Vanessa Hudgins are 'Shredders'.

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
hey

You get my vote for biggest douche of 09'...

Quote by Lt. Shinysides
hey

for some reason I'm still not sure you're not a multi

for some reason you're style of posting is too win to be from a newbie.
Quote by CoreysMonster
for some reason I'm still not sure you're not a multi

for some reason you're style of posting is too win to be from a newbie.

I r juzt h4z c0mmin s3nc

Quote by Kosh H
You get my vote for biggest douche of 09'...

then that means i've been largely successful. anybody else notice that i've been "member of the week" for like a month and a half now?
Last edited by Lt. Shinysides at Sep 13, 2009,