do you think there's any symbolism in this? or do you think the artist tried to cram as much stuff on to a skull as possible? i honestly cant tell.
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
It shows a bunch of stoned metalheads trying to look even more br00tal than they already are. Which is very brutal.
The playground of the world
It looks like it's related to the Day of the Dead.
Quote by duncang
maybe it's because i secrely agree that tracedin inymballsackistheb best album ever

he's got the fire and the fury,
at his command
well you don't have to worry,
if you hold onto jesus' hand
Its Psychoanalytic Theory portrayed as art, displaying the different levels of conscious and drives in the human mind.

The creature snarling out of the lower part of the cranium is the unconscious/id. The drive we have for aggression and sex and nothing more. It remains in the deepest darkest parts of ourselves.

The roses symbolize perfection, the superego where we see everything as perfect as it MUST be according to the superego (whether its realistic or not)

The light symbolizes the ego/conscious thoughts. The thoughts that we can see and act on and that unite the extreme needs of the Id and Superego to a more realistic medium.

The smoke symbolizes the eternal burning and trauma inside the human mind. Going by psychoanalytic theory, the human mind is never truly at peace, and always at war with itself to reach unreachable ends.

Okay, that was my attempt at being smart
Quote by me_llamo_juan
^You're awesome.

Quote by gtmustang2006
Listen to RageAgnstUrJaw.

"I've wronged you, and steal everything from the truth,
Can we find ourselves, walking through a field with no solitude,
The pain goes on."
Last edited by RageAgnstUrJaw at Sep 13, 2009,
Quote by RageAgnstUrJaw
Its Psychoanalytic Theory portrayed as art, displaying the different levels of conscious and drives in the human mind.

The creature snarling out of the lower part of the cranium is the unconscious/id. The drive we have for aggression and sex and nothing more. It remains in the deepest darkest parts of ourselves.

The roses symbolize perfection, the superego where we see everything as it perfect as it MUST be (whether its realistic or not)

The light symbolizes the ego/conscious thoughts. The thoughts that we can see and act on and that unite the extreme needs of the Id and Superego to a more realistic medium.

The smoke symbolizes the eternal burning and trauma inside the human mind. Going by psychoanalytic theory, the human mind is never truly at peace, and always at war with itself to reach unreachable ends.

Adda boy.
Quote by RageAgnstUrJaw

The roses symbolize perfection, the superego where we see everything as perfect as it MUST be according to the superego (whether its realistic or not)

We have a winner
The playground of the world
From using the best analytical minds and techniques currently at my disposal, combined with my PHD in symbolism throughout the ages I can safely say that the markings, colours and iconography indicate that the album is in fact a sepultura album
I believe that they make these covers intentionally like this. That way the consumer can get stoned out of their mind, listen to the record and try to find stuff in lyrics or album cover.