so, i have read many forums about sanding your neck down to make it smoother.
some say that you should apply some sort of oil afterward to prevent moisture from your hands from getting in the wood.
i would like to know what the best one would be out there?
also, is there a proper sanding tool to use? (sandpaper, steel wool, scotchbrite)
OOOO Steel wool seems to be most widely use, as is Tung Oil.
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
be careful though, you have to reapply the oil every couple of months (say every three), else the wood on the neck will turn green. i kid you not.

other than that, tung oil and 0000 steel wool is the way to go.
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
no problem
Gibson SG Faded
Epi VJ Stack

Quote by Øttər
Whenever I clean my guitars, my family wonders why it smells so good; I say that I exude a fresh citrus scent from hidden orifices.
They stopped asking
Well oil is a pretty poor protector against moisture. I imagine your neck already has a clear lacquer finish on it? Why not just rough that up with 0000 steel wool?

Quote by dogismycopilot
Absent Mind, words cant express how much i love you. Id bone you, oh yea.

Quote by lumberjack
Absent Mind is, as usual, completely correct.

Quote by littlemurph7976
Id like to make my love for Neil public knowledge as he is a beautiful man
Quote by Absent Mind
Well oil is a pretty poor protector against moisture. I imagine your neck already has a clear lacquer finish on it? Why not just rough that up with 0000 steel wool?

+1

I've done that on 3 or 4 guitars, and I have always liked the results.
Quote by Absent Mind
I totally agree, i use 1000-1200 sand paper. Much easier to clean, resistant to moisture, and maintenance free!