I've downloaded some films and the quality is good on my laptop. However, i want to put them on dvds and watch them on a big tv. Im pretty sure that when i do this, the quality will decrease. Is there anyway to boost the quality before i burn them to disk?

Yes i have googled but no answer that i had the patience to look at came up. If you have nothing useful to say, don't answer at all.
Surely there isn't a way of increasing the video's quality? I'd say just make sure when you're burning it to disc have it on the highest quality option.
i'm sure there is a way to preserve most of the quality, but as far as increasing the quality i think that's impossible unless your CSI
i got them steamrolfer blues
Quote by bulldozerbob
Surely there isn't a way of increasing the video's quality? I'd say just make sure when you're burning it to disc have it on the highest quality option.

Okay i'll try that. I was going to just use windows media player but do you (or anyone else) have suggestions for a better program?
Nope. All the information like the frame size, frame rate, and frame quality is stored in the video. The only way to get a higher quality version is to get a new video.
It's pointless to burn dvds of them unless they are an a disc image format like .img or .iso or if you have the Video_TS folders. If they were compressed to a format like .avi before you downloaded them you can regain what was lost.
You can't improve the quality of a video.

With what you have now, just burn it at the highest quality possible on your DVD writer.

And next time, download ISO's
Quote by bendystraw
what's pron?

EDIT: i googled it, you guys are gross.

a2m/gape/murder/suicide/farrakhan/braziliancakefarts/bugera
The only thing you could do is perhaps sharpen or do some curves work. But you're only putting make-up on a hog if the video quality is poor to begin with.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by supafunkyone
Okay i'll try that. I was going to just use windows media player but do you (or anyone else) have suggestions for a better program?

Errm, the only thing I can even think of is Nero, but I'm not sure if that does DVDs?
Okay thanks for all your suggestions

Quote by Kensai
The only thing you could do is perhaps sharpen or do some curves work. But you're only putting make-up on a hog if the video quality is poor to begin with.

They're good quality DvDRips, im just pretty sure that they'll lose quality when put back onto a dvd
Last edited by supafunkyone at Sep 13, 2009,
Quote by supafunkyone
Okay thanks for all your suggestions

They're good quality DvDRips, im just pretty sure that they'll lose quality when put back onto a dvd

It won't lose quality. It might appear to, because of the size of the screen you're watching on, but the quality will more than likely be the same.
If you downloaded the film without paying, I heard jizzing on your laptop keyboard works well.

Whether you downloaded it legally or illegally, if the original file on your computer is poor quality, you can't improve it.