I bought about 10 packs of strings this year all because my e string broke from bending.
Quote by Jpboy1994
I bought about 10 packs of strings this year all because my e string broke from bending.

I bought about 50 packs of stings this year and I haven't broken a string in 10 years.. because I look for burrs on the bridge saddles and tuning pegs.
Try DR strings. I used to abuse the hell out of those and they never once broke. The only thing is the tone isn't the best.
You should learn how NOT to break strings. I use Super Slinky, pretty dam thin and i very rarely break any. Youre technique needs working on. I also bend those babies as far and as hard as i want.
Quote by Fetus Milkshake
You should learn how NOT to break strings. I use Super Slinky, pretty dam thin and i very rarely break any. Youre technique needs working on. I also bend those babies as far and as hard as i want.

Exactly, I haven't broken strings in 2 years. Learn not to press down as hard on the strings, especially while bending. Could be your guitar too, check saddles/nut/frets for sharp edges.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!
Strings will not break more or less based on the brand. I abuse the hell out of my OFR and bend a lot, and I don't really pop strings.

Then again, I change strings every month.

Then again, I play at least 5 hours a day, so the strings are dead in a month.

Bend in tune and the string will be used to bends at that tension, if your bends are constantly different pitches the string won't stay in a certain tension and it'll break if you push it too hard.
Personally I use Gibson 9 - 42, but the thing is, strings do break, especially if you play them hard. If you want to avoid string breakage you could play softer but for me, it doesn't sound as good.
Gibson SG Standard, Gibson SG 60s tribute, Edwards Les Paul, Fender Telecaster, Epiphone SG Custom
Quote by hardrockerdave9
Personally I use Gibson 9 - 42, but the thing is, strings do break, especially if you play them hard. If you want to avoid string breakage you could play softer but for me, it doesn't sound as good.

Strumming hard generally isn't a problem in my experience, it's fretting way too hard that kills strings.
Gear:
- Bugera 333
- VJ & VJ cab
- Jackson JS30
- TS9

Bugera Users Militia. We are horrible people. With a sprinkler fetish.
~ BUM: For all things extinguishing

Rackmount Tube Amp Project <<< Updates!