hey im looking to get a new 5 string bass. i dont like warwick or Spector. Schecter is ok. Already have a MM. Any suggestions i might not know about. No price limits.
Fodera, Alembic, Fbass, Ritter, Alleva Coppolo, Lakland, Pedulla, etc.
The point is you need to give us a budget, what genres you will be playing, and anything else you can think of.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
The 2 best colours EVER pitted against each other? No wai!

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Member of the Bass Militia PM Nutter_101 to join
Team Lime Green!
Get a gecko from Warmoth.

I assume you have heard of Shadowsky, Fodera, Ritter, Mayones, Vigier...

Depends on what you want.
Quote by alternitivebass
Fodera, Alembic, Fbass, Ritter, Alleva Coppolo, Lakland, Pedulla, etc.
The point is you need to give us a budget, what genres you will be playing, and anything else you can think of.

1. He gave us a budget.

2. He has A7X in his name, so genre is metalcore / heavy metal.

3. No more info needed. He told us what he doesn't like, what he has and what he thinks is OK.

See only a little detective work was needed.
There will be zero tolerance
For the creator of hallowed intentions
There will be zero tolerance
Fate is your deciding God
Quote by DragTheWaters11
1. He gave us a budget.

2. He has A7X in his name, so genre is metalcore / heavy metal.

3. No more info needed. He told us what he doesn't like, what he has and what he thinks is OK.

See only a little detective work was needed.

I could suggest a bass worth $20,000 I highly doubt he could afford it.

Loads of people on this forum regret putting a band in their username because their tastes have changed.

If he wants a thin neck or thicker one, type of tones he prefers, types of woods. There a lot of stuff that can help us answer.

Don't always take things for granted.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Team Lime Green!
Quote by alternitivebass
I could suggest a bass worth $20,000 I highly doubt he could afford it.

Loads of people on this forum regret putting a band in their username because their tastes have changed.

If he wants a thin neck or thicker one, type of tones he prefers, types of woods. There a lot of stuff that can help us answer.

Don't always take things for granted.

He could've won the lottery or received a bunch of money when a relative died, so it's unfair to assume he can't afford what's suggested.
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
Maybe one of the two 5 string squiers or an Ibanez?
Stuff:
ESP/LTD EC-200QM (with SD Distortions)
1986 Charvel Model 4
2013 Ibanez RG7421WH

Amps
Marshall MS-2 microamp (a POS)
B-52 LG-100a head (Not bad)

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion
Quote by cal1
He could've won the lottery or received a bunch of money when a relative died, so it's unfair to assume he can't afford what's suggested.

I said "I highly doubt", it leaves room for the rare fact that something like that could have happened. Possible but not probable.
Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss

I voted lime.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
btw lime kicked ass

Team Lime Green!
Quote by FionnRuadh
Ibanez! I have an SRX, the BTB series is supposed to good

BTB series is great! I have a BTB575FM, it's lovely.
Top 5 Rush Songs:
1. La Villa Strangiato
2. Natural Science
3. The Main Monkey Business
4. Vital Signs
5. Subdivisions

Complete Atomic Basie by Count Basie.

Ask me shit: formspring.me/howthiswork
for you, i'd suggest an ibanez. they have an amazing metal tone, i especially like the SR series. Since you said no price limits, I'm gonna suggest you the SR705 or even get a SR5005E Prestige model (I want one of those so badly!!!)
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Quote by learningplayer
Maybe one of the two 5 string squiers or an Ibanez?

My advice would be to find a custom builder. For between $2k and $10k, depending on the luthier, you'll have a bass that is suited to you perfectly. Not just one that is as close as you can get, but a bass that exactly what you want.

Just for kicks, would you mind giving us an upper price limit? That'd help us with suggestions.
Nope, no sig here.
im not so concerned on price as i am the right sound for the music i like to play. as someone said before yes A7x in my name is suggestive but now im more into trivium, all that remains, killswitch etc. so im looking for something with a great low end and a good feel...the same **** every person says
That could be any bass on the market...having a "good low end" is mostly in the amp, and what feels good is all opinion.

And really, it would be nice to know what sort of budget you have to work with. We're kind of in the dark without that.
Nope, no sig here.
Last edited by Mutant Corn at Sep 13, 2009,
if i could get a custom built bass, oooooo damn... i'd be a happy camper
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
Quote by a7x9269
im not so concerned on price as i am the right sound for the music i like to play. as someone said before yes A7x in my name is suggestive but now im more into trivium, all that remains, killswitch etc. so im looking for something with a great low end and a good feel...the same **** every person says
Okay, you really can't say not concerned about price. What is the amount of money you WOULDN'T spend if $20,000 is the maximum?
Last edited by Steve08 at Sep 13, 2009,
Well for no price limit why don't you get a custom bass made? You could make pretty much any bass metal-looking, they don't need to be spiky :P

Quote by Deliriumbassist
I wish I could say no price limits...

That reminds me, have you changed your mind about the Overwater yet?

Ibanez K5
Warwick Rockbass Vampyre 4

Line 6 Bass Pod XT Live
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Quote by Bassist Rising
Well for no price limit why don't you get a custom bass made? You could make pretty much any bass metal-looking, they don't need to be spiky :P

But it's way more metal to use Mighty Putty to add spikes to a P-Bass. Your brutality will increase tenfold.
Quote by RPGoof
I've killed many, many people.
They respawn though

Quote by the humanity
jazz bass.

t-bird is muddy inversatile, and reminds me of emo chicks.

Current rig: Peavey Millennium 5 - Drive B15

To buy: Ampeg BA112 or BA115
I'm gonna have to agree with everyone who's suggested a custom bass. Get into contact with a luthier, and get a base purpose built for you. That way you can get however many strings you want, any kind of wood, the correct pickups to fit the sound you want, any amount of frets, a custom neck profile, custom body shape ect . . .
. . . and you can say you have a super-awesome-custom-low-end-thump-machine that sounds like pure sex and no one but you will ever have