Poll: Which boots are best?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which boots are best?
7 32%
6 27%
7 32%
other (specify)
2 9%
Voters: 22.
I'm a winger. I'm fast, but because I have a very slim build, my speed is all I have so I really need a boot I can run in. I need something that's extremely light, comfortable as hell, very grippy (I prefer plastic studs/blades because they're easier to run in), and super durable. I'd like to stay as far under $70 as I possibly can.

Which of these would be the best choice?

1) http://www.soccer.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Ne=646&N=4294958990&Product_Id=479867

2) http://www.worldrugbyshop.com/departments-footwear-firm-ground-rugby-boots-adidas-adidas-f30-8-trx-fg-cleats--wh-bk-metallic-gd-.html
(Invalid img)

3) http://www.footlocker.com/product/model:79933/sku:10144206/PUMA%20V3.06%20IFG%20-%20Men%27s?supercat=home&cm=Cross%20Sell

If you think they would all suck for rugby, please recommend something that would work well for a winger.

Thanks!
3 look cooler than the others, so I chose them

EDIT: ^ You're thinking about football.

stratkat
I thought that the band winger got on UG to ask about suggestions for ruby studded boots.
I think we took too many drugs when we were kids,
'cause now we like to make
Weird Music
-Wayne Coyne
are those the only colors?
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by ExtremeMetalFTW
are those the only colors?

For the Pumas yes, for the others no.

I actually like white boots, though. There's nothing like seeing your boots turn white again after playing a game on turf.

Anyway, looks don't matter much. I just need something that will let me accelerate faster, sidestep quicker, and run to the best of my ability.
Quote by SG_dave
BLADES ARE ILLEGAL FOR RUGBY!

you won't be allowed to play with blades as they cause achilles heel problems and can extremely damage other players as you ruck over.

Calm down, I know the rules. Metal blades are illegal, plastic are harmless and perfectly legal. The problem with metal blades is that as they wear down they basically turn into knives.
Quote by lucertia.
rugby is for homosexuals so whichever are most attractive to males.

No that's football.

They all look cool but get some with proper studs not softground ones or blades or you WILL fall over and look like an asshat. When i played properly (as a winger, then at scrum half at a higher level) i used Nike Total 90's with proper oldschool studs. They're solid boots and you remain the right way up when you're supposed to.
I got a cheap pair of Kooga's for about a tenner once. One was size 10, the other 9.5. Have a look for that sort of thing.
Get Metal studs, far more grip in rucks and mauls.
There's a special sex move I do called the Charizard.
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Quote by Hammerzeit
No that's football.

They all look cool but get some with proper studs not softground ones or blades or you WILL fall over and look like an asshat. When i played properly (as a winger, then at scrum half at a higher level) i used Nike Total 90's with proper oldschool studs. They're solid boots and you remain the right way up when you're supposed to.

I've had one pair with blades, and one with "proper" studs. I preferred the grip with the blades. Instead of digging in and resisting like the regular studs, the blades cut in deeper the faster I ran, which means I was more stable when making a break for it, and that's when it matters most.
why have you got football boots up there? yes they'll be light but no good if someone stands on your foot. and there's no really difference to metal and plastic studs.
Bad Taste: awesomest of all movies,

360 Gamertag: S3AT0N
Guitars: Jackson RR3
Blades cut in deeper as you run faster, but surely they'd be pretty poor if you were getting driven?
It's where you light the girls pubes, then put it out with your cum and run around the room flapping your arms screaming, "You don't have enough badges to train me!"
Americans playing Rugby?! well I never...

anyway, I voted 2, but any light boot is ok, usually soccer boots are better, my mate who is a machine on the rugby field, and is insanely fast always gets soccer boots.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Football (soccer) boots have less studs too.
Quote by King Twili
Blades cut in deeper as you run faster, but surely they'd be pretty poor if you were getting driven?

That is a slight drawback. You have to get used to it, really. Since blades dig in differently than studs, you have to step at the right angle to get enough grip.
get some cheap football boots and change the studs, no one cares what's on your feet
Quote by derbylad
anything Kooga

wouldnt be caught dead in anything else

thissss ^^^
Gear

Gibson Les Paul Studio
Custom Made Strat with hot rails
Orange Rockerverb 50 MkII
Orange PPC212 OB
Tanglewood TW1000SR/FPP
TC Electronics Polytune
Line 6 DL4
Danelectro Fish 'n' Chips
Digitech Bad Monkey
Boss Ch-1
Quote by Reaper2502
thissss ^^^

I can't find many of them in my size in the US.

They look so good, too. I've heard great things about Nomis as well, and they're another company that's impossible to find.
Last edited by i_don't_know at Sep 13, 2009,