I've been interested in learning drums. Unfortunately I dont have the money to buy a kit. But I have noticed there is "street drumming" which uses buckets, pans, etc... So as for right now how can I start off with this process of learning drumming before I move on to a real kit?

Thanks everyone
get a gun, a knife, and some acetone. shoot some people with the gun, cut their head off/empty their skull with the knife, then clean it out with the acetone. Now you have a working "street drumming" kit. You can either play the skulls like bongos or get drum sticks.
I would say not. I would start by buying a practice pad and set of sticks, and start learning rudiments and get your speed and endurance up. There's actually something called a BucketDrum, which is basically a drum head mounted on a bucket. I think that would be cool to start with too.
Quote by pepsi1187
buy rock band 2

There actually is an indie game on Xbox Marketplace for a drum program to use with RB drums. I would advise getting that, assuming you have a 360.
Quote by qotsa1998
I would say not. I would start by buying a practice pad and set of sticks, and start learning rudiments and get your speed and endurance up. There's actually something called a BucketDrum, which is basically a drum head mounted on a bucket. I think that would be cool to start with too.

Yeah, but Im pretty broke so thats why i was considering the street drumming style at first..
The key to learning beats is the bass drum... so if you can somehow rig up a bass drum than do it.

I wouldn't think this would work out well though.
Epiphone Les Paul (Modded with 2 passive pickups and an EMG81)
Yamaha RG guitar w/ Floyd Rose
Rogue Acoustic

BlackHeart BH5 Tube Amp

Danelectro Metal. Digitech Bad Monkey, Digitech CF-7, Crybaby Wah, Danelectro EQ.
I would say, if you're actually serious about starting to play drums, get a kit, electric or acoustic. Despite the obvious exception of Dave Grohl, for most people, just bashing pots and pans won't help you to become a drummer. Just a cheap electric kit will do for a beginner. If you really don't have the money, you could get a practice pad to start developing your timing/rhythm, but I really would suggest getting a kit.

To the people suggesting Rock Band drums, it does actually help in my opinion, but you could just as easily put the money towards a real kit.