Ok so I have an Epiphone Les Paul Special II "Mr. Skull". (I know its crap, but it was my first guitar). I put a Dimebucker in the bridge cuz I'm a huge fan of dimebag. I stuck with the pickup for a while but I've just gotten tired of it cuz it sucks balls and does not sound good at all. I play in drop c and d standard. My other guitar is a jackson dinky with active emg's. The emg's have good midrange and crunch, and I have a setting saved on my line6 spider that sounds great. It doesn't sound too good with the dimebucker. I wanna sell it (the dimebucker) and I cant decide what to replace it with! I want either the duncan SH-6 Distortion, or a Dimarzio D- Activator. I want some good midrange and crunch and both can deliver. Which would you recommend? If it helps, i like to play a lot of bullet for my valentine and all that remains and firewind type stuff.
Epiphone LP Special II Mr. Skull w/ Dimebucker, Jackson DKMG w/ EMG 81/85 black, Halo Satyr 7 in black, Dunlop Original Crybaby wah (yes, the cheap one) in PINK, Line6 Spider III 15, Peavey Vypyr 75 Sanpera 2, Jazz III picks, Yamaha F325 acoustic
Have you still got the pickup you replaced? put that in, because to get the most out of a pickup swap, change the Spider dude.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
If your a Dimebag fan, why did you get the Dimebucker?
On another note, the Seymour Duncan Distortion would fit.
yea live wire's or blackouts ... IMO the best active pickups
Pissing people off since 1987

ESP/LTD MH 401 Stop tail
ESP/LTD MH 401 Floyd Rose
IBANEZ AM93 TKS
Rivera KnuckleHead Reverb
ISP Decimator
MXR KFK-1 10 Band EQ
How about gettin' a better amp to fit with the EMG's and upcoming replacement of the DimeBucker?

I'm not one to bash spiders but there are definately better amps out there.
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
There's no point wasting even more money on pickups, they're not making the slightest contribution to improving the sound you get with that amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
im with those two guys...

besides the fact the spider is reputedly one of the worse SS amps, active pups arent designed for SS amps anyway. Actives will ALWAYS sound like puke through an SS amp (well, not always, most of the time)

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
im with those two guys...

besides the fact the spider is reputedly one of the worse SS amps, active pups arent designed for SS amps anyway. Actives will ALWAYS sound like puke through an SS amp (well, not always, most of the time)

If it weren't for your Rammstein avatar i'd completely disagree with that statement.

Nvm, that'd be unfair for TS. High end SS amps like the Fender Cybertwin and Line 6 Vetta will sound good through a guitar with active pickups.

But either way, the line 6 spider series are pretty ****ing bad once you start to develop an ear for tone and get more serious about guitar and everything. So... I agree with what pretty much everyone else has said: upgrade the pickups AFTER you upgrade your amp
well I'm one of the very few who likes the line6 amps. I don't need anything bigger than what I have since guitar is just a hobby. I won't be playing shows or anything so I don't need a stack or anything bigger than like 75 watts. I like the peavey vypyr series so I'm thinkin about getting one of those cuz I think they're better than line6. But I posted this to get your input on which pickup you'd recommend so I say thank you to the few who actually answered. I wouldn't mind blackouts but I want passives in this one since my other guitar has actives.
Epiphone LP Special II Mr. Skull w/ Dimebucker, Jackson DKMG w/ EMG 81/85 black, Halo Satyr 7 in black, Dunlop Original Crybaby wah (yes, the cheap one) in PINK, Line6 Spider III 15, Peavey Vypyr 75 Sanpera 2, Jazz III picks, Yamaha F325 acoustic