I'm going to buy a guitar within the next couple months and i was wondering between the models of guitar i have which one would be a better buy.

ESP LTD MH 401QM

Or

ESP LTD M 401

or

Jackson KE3

or

Ibanez S520EX

I have played them all but can't decide on which to buy. I have a budget up to $1900 US.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Last edited by Blacken Seas at Sep 13, 2009,
None of em. Get the best Schecter you can buy for the money. From the guitars you chose, I'm guessing you are lokking to buy a metal guitar, and Schecter makes the best metal guitars out there.

ESP pickups tend to not have a great sound to them and Ibanez aren't really guitars for modern metal. Maybe stuff like Pantera, but with today's music, Ibanez doesn't work well.
Quote by Jessie Tunnell
None of em. Get the best Schecter you can buy for the money. From the guitars you chose, I'm guessing you are lokking to buy a metal guitar, and Schecter makes the best metal guitars out there.

ESP pickups tend to not have a great sound to them and Ibanez aren't really guitars for modern metal. Maybe stuff like Pantera, but with today's music, Ibanez doesn't work well.

Are you mentaly special? Or just absurdly biased. The MH401QM had emg's in it (81 and 85) and Ibanez are brilliant for more lead based metal work. Schecters are great, but by no means are they the greatest guitars for metal.

Personaly I would go for the MH401QM. Out of all those there, the only one I havent tried is the M401. From what's left, I thought the MH401QM felt the best and had better pickups than the other choices
ProTone Pedals: Attack Overdrive
Fractal Audio: AxeFX 2
Engl: Fireball 60
Zilla: Fatboy 2x12
Carvin: DC700
Carvin: Vader 7
Schecter: KM-7 MKii
Schecter: Banshee 8 Passive
Jackson: DK2M
Last edited by pigeonmafia at Sep 13, 2009,
Alot of people say schecter is so good but i dont see the big deal with them. From what i've played they seem to focus on the 14-18 or so age range with their "rock" inlays like the cross, finishes, body shapes etc. Idk i just dont see how a guitar costs 1000$ with rosewood fingerboard, mots inlays and bolt on neck. Not meaning to trash them as yeah some of them i like, but they just feel like they are trying to give you an expensive looking guitar while lacking things you really need such as things to make the guitar sound better.
Quote by Jessie Tunnell

this man is not telling the truth many ESPs kick **** (half of their pickups being EMGs which schecter also uses :S)
your best bet is to try them out
damn. if 1900 is ur limit then look into carvin. best guitars youll get and youll save like 700 extra for a nice stack.
Classical Guitarist
i tried all the models listed and like them all but when i tried the schecters they just felt cheap in the build quality and played poorly.
ESP Vintage 4
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Yes, if 1900 is your limit why are you even looking for LTD, get an ESP eclipse II standard ( I plan on getting one) for 1400$ or so.

Or get the KE2? its wayyyy better than the KE3 (personal experience) and pretty sure under 1900$ or find one in a guitar center for like 1500$
i'm not fan of the LP Bodied guitars since they feel too small for me.
ESP Vintage 4
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

If your budget is $1900 then I'd look into, like others have said, the actual ESP Standards as well as Carvins, the Jackson KE2, or maybe an Ibanez Prestige or J-Custom if you can find one. When you say LPs are too small for you, do you mean the scale length? Because Carvin is also a smaller scale length than Ibanez, Jackson, at 25 inches even.
Im confused...you have nearly 2000 to spend and you're looking at LTD's?
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
DBZ Venom, Bird of Prey, or Bolero:

http://www.carlinoguitars.com/DBZGuitars_livepics1.html

Just came in several weeks ago, and more to come!
"If A is a success in life, then A equals x + y + z. Work = x; y = play; and z = keeping your mouth shut."
--Einstein

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
--Einstein
Quote by stratman7
If your budget is $1900 then I'd look into, like others have said, the actual ESP Standards as well as Carvins, the Jackson KE2, or maybe an Ibanez Prestige or J-Custom if you can find one. When you say LPs are too small for you, do you mean the scale length? Because Carvin is also a smaller scale length than Ibanez, Jackson, at 25 inches even.

LP's scale length of 24 3/4 inches is a bit too small for me and i prefer the brighter tone of a 25 1/2 inch scale length neck.

Just Sold that pesky mesa recto cab fer a good 560 bucks so i my get that KE2 instead of the MH-401QM.
ESP Vintage 4
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Last edited by Blacken Seas at Sep 14, 2009,