Alright, before I ask any questions, i should tell the WHOLE story:
First off, I'm 15 and don't have a job to save up money (just for future reference)

Anyways, my parents are divorced (don't worry, they are still really good friends and everything is friendly) and the 401k money in my dads account is getting split in half, and my mom has decided, since she won't have a lot of money for long, she wants to give my sister and I about $750 as a big birthday/Christmas gift type thing.

I, of course, want a guitar, being that I only have the Epiphone SG Special. However, after many recommendations, I want to try to get a new amp too (even though I LOVE my Spider III 75W). So I devised a plan to where, if I sold my current guitar/amp as a combo on craigslist, I could up that $750 to $1100.

Now, I'm very confused in where I want to go with my musical career (it's between metal and worship [not your stereotypical worship. This worship will have mucho distortion ]) So I'm thinking of getting the Schecter Blackjack C-1. That would leave me (after tax) with $339. I've been looking at tube amps but I can't find one that I could use in a band and also bring to school for guitar class. Most of them are 5W...

This is where I need your help, UGers, should I compromise my guitar for a good amp? Should I even get a new amp? Whatever you think I should do, please include recommendations.

Thanks for all help!

(edit) Just noticed, I probably should have put this somewhere else, but I figured since it deals with me getting a new guitar and stuff, might as well.
Last edited by ABRfan at Sep 13, 2009,
Quote by Tedis1111
i you love your current amp dont buy a new one

+1

Might not be the best amp in the world, but if you love it then keep it.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
That's a nice guitar, but I don't want a Floyd Rose. I would screw something up for sure lol. Plus, seems too hard to deal with. I change tunings very often and I just don't want to deal with it.
allright then
it seems awesome for metal and i love the black and white contrast
but they have a lot of great guitars at great prices

that way you might have some leftover if you want a new amp
but as stated if you like yours then dont get a new one.

what kinda body do you like in a guitar though?
peavey vypyr 30
yamaha starter guitar
Agile AL-2000 Tribal Blue

R.I.P REV!

A God Has Fallen,
R.I.P. Dio!

why Scorpions Why!?!
For the body, I like what I think is called the "super strat" shape. Basically the shape of the
C-1 guitars from Shecter. Nothing too special and has great access for higher frets. Nothing awkward or to odd.
Quote by ABRfan

Now, I'm very confused in where I want to go with my musical career (it's between metal and worship [not your stereotypical worship. This worship will have mucho distortion .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hd29jLZ1WIM&feature=related

You in 5 years?

The Schecter you listed should do you pretty well, also look at the C-1 Classic.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
What I really want to do is combine the technicality of August Burns Red with lyrics of Sleeping Giant. Also, do what Sleeping Giant does: First part of concert our metal stuff, near end is normal worship.

Edit: Just checked out the C-1 Classic, and it looks AMAZING! And just as I was about to edit this, I noticed you have it. What do you think of it?
Last edited by ABRfan at Sep 13, 2009,
Quote by ABRfan
What I really want to do is combine the technicality of August Burns Red with lyrics of Sleeping Giant. Also, do what Sleeping Giant does: First part of concert our metal stuff, near end is normal worship.

Edit: Just checked out the C-1 Classic, and it looks AMAZING! And just as I was about to edit this, I noticed you have it. What do you think of it?

As long as you don't end up like a confused Un-Black Metaler

The Classic is great for the price. Neck thru, JB/'59 combo, Quilted top+ Mahogany Body, string-thru design. You can read tons of great reviews for it on this site or Harmony-Central, MF, GC etc. I got the old discontinued Antique Amber finish and there is also discontinued Natural Honey finish w/ 2 volume controls instead of one. If you can find one definitely try it out.
Schecter C-1 Classic Raven RG20 + Digitech RP50

Man, I could go for a 7 right now...
Don't worry, I would never dress up like that lol.

Definitely seems like it could be a very versatile guitar. And I love the pickup covers because, personally, I dislike the normal humbucker look. I prefer a more solid looking pickup (think EMGs). WARNING: NOOBISH QUESTION AHEAD!!!: How do locking tuners work? Like, I can still change tunings with them, right? I've looked everywhere for this answer and never found a straight answer.
American Strat/tele

Grow out of that music you play
Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Strat/Tele (MIM)
Used Ibanez of some sort (maybe a fixed bridge?)
Used Schecter.

If they feel good to you, just get an HSS stratocaster and put in a high output humbucker of some sort to cover the heavier tones.

As for amps, if you have someone who can build it for you from a kit, you could use around $500 or so to buy a ceriatone kit. They got everything from Fender clones, to Marshall/Vox (British style), to Hi-Watts, to Dumble.
Quote by sharpant
American Strat/tele

Grow out of that music you play

I'm really sick of reading this crap

TS, the C-1 Blackjack is a really good guitar for what you are going for. For tube amps look at a B-52 AT-112. I think they're $360 brand new, so try to find a used one and it will surely fit within budget, and they are good for what you are looking for.
My name is Collin, please feel free to use it

http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/pickgnomehu nters/

Quote by STABxYOU
Quote by Blakeu224

this is absolutely, 100% correct.
For example, Dave Mustaine has a signature coffee mix.

Good Morning, Black Coffee?