Hey chaps.

Seeing as I already have 2 guitars with maple fretboards and am currently saving for a 1952 telecaster which is also maple, so 3...

Therefore I'd like to have a strat with a rosewood fretboard. For some stupid reason maple still intimidates me, I feel as if I can get stuck in a lot more with rosewood.

Anyway, I'd be getting a 3 tone sunburst american standard strat but....

I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions on how to spice it up, change of pickgaurd/hardware colors to black/gold for example like SRV? if anyone has any pictures that would be great.

SRV's

Ibanez PGM301 signed by Paul Gilbert
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Saving for a GH100L/VH100R
Orange PPC212 2X12
Last edited by sharpant at Sep 13, 2009,
Well its up to you, you do have alot of strat's, and if they are American Made then your not gonna get a huge difference with another strat, you could change the pickups, or maybe try for a different type of fender like Jaguar or something, I personally have an American Deluxe HSS Strat with the S-1 Switch, and I will never get rid of that guitar its amazing, my suggestion is look for a different type or fender, or different guitar company, or a new amplifier
Quote by amicone18
or a new amplifier

lol, I just got a new amp...

I want a fender strat. I'm just asking for suggestions on the aesthetics.
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
It's solely up to you. You have to look at everything with Fender strats. For instance, the difference between the SRV signature and the American Standard is the SRV strat has a 12" radius (aside from other things) which affects how it plays. So first, you need to establish how you want it to play, then worry about gold hardware pickguard change etc.
Gold hardware, tortoiseshell pickguard, keep the white knobs/pickup covers.
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Well I'd mod the electronics and such first, I'd take that ol' five way switch and replace it with several switches so I would have a much bigger tonal range. (I'd like to have the middle pickup on without any other pickups, for example) I'd also probably replace the tuners with Steinbergers and set up the whole guitar then see if I like it and make any other necessary mods or adjustments before worrying about the appearance. If you like it the way it is though just go for the pickguard and such.
Always tin your strings.

_____

Don't be afraid to be honest.
Last edited by Gargoyle2500 at Sep 13, 2009,
The third position on a strat is just the middle single coil :P

First = just bridge
2nd = bridge and middle
3rd = middle
4th = middle and nek
5th = neck
Ibanez PGM 500
Ibanez Fireman custom
Orange PPC212 2X12
go knob shopping. seriously. there are ton of knobs out there that can give your strat a personal touch. you could get tele style knobs, you could get speed knobs, or heck you can even get skull knobs. just find something that fits the other options you are looking at (pickguard color for example) and you can have a really nice looking, customized guitar.