i am having to change the strings on my epiphone g-400 for the first time since i got it two weeks ago as the strings have been causing blisters and skin to break up. i already have a set of ernie ball regular slinkys from my old electric for over a year and the packagin has not been opened, any way my question is are the titainium coated slinkys worth the extra cost over the regular slinkys as i would be looking at getting aet of string to keep around incase i have to change my strings.
hmm, ernie ball strings arent the best. Try D'addarios or Elixir Nanowebs.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Epiphone Futura Custom Prophecy (Twin EMG)
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Danelectro Cool Cat Drive
Boss EQ

Quote by britishsligean
the strings have been causing blisters and skin to break up.

I thought that was the purpose of playing guitar besides expressing yourself, to tear your hands up.

Quote by Silver-spear94

Those are good recommends IMO
I've had nothing but crap experiance with ernie balls even the titanium ones. I work in a music shop so have tried a **** load of strings. Elixir all the way!!!
MARSHALL: AVT 2000, MARSHALL: JTM 200 MARSHALL MAJOR 1969, LINE 6: POD X3 LIVE, VARIAX 600, VARIAX 700, GIBSON: FIREBIRD V,FERNANDES: REVELLE DK, FERNANDES: RETRO ROCKET PRO, BOSS: RC 50 loop station
Clinical Notes, do you have any problems with Elixir's? ive been contemplating getting a set, but theyre twice the price of Daddarios and im wary.

anyone used KFK (kerry king) sig strings?

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94

i use ernie ball regular slinky i had d addarios but they rusted really bad (in about a week) and i wipe my strings down frequently
i like elixirs on an acoustic but its to slick for me on an electric for me
i tried the titaniums and i personally didnt notice any difference from the regular slinkys
{[WD Punk]}
Elixers, they sound great, some people say they break easy, but that's probably because they're beating the crap out of a 9 gauge set.

The only tolerable pack I'd get from ernie are the purple 11 gauge. Their 9's & 10's are rubbish.
Last edited by XeroDivide at Sep 13, 2009,
ive had the same set of Daddarios now for atleast 3 months (bad habit to keep them that long i know) and theyre actually still playable.

im pretty amazed actually. 9 gauge strings, its rare for them to last that long, any brand.

Epiphone Hummingbird
Vox Valvetronix VT20+
Vox Wah
Boss MD-2
Boss EQ

Quote by Silver-spear94
ive had the same set of Daddarios now for atleast 3 months (bad habit to keep them that long i know) and theyre actually still playable.

im pretty amazed actually. 9 gauge strings, its rare for them to last that long, any brand.

Yes, D'Addario has excellent life span.
ernie ball are pretty good i use the power ones (purple package) and they were pretty good but the beefy (yellow) are much better and what i currently use. d'addario im not sure since i've never really tried them and elixers are pretty cool for acoustic but electric not so much
why is everyone hating on ernie ball strings? Ive been using them for like a year. just last month i tested dean markley, ernie ball, d'addario and ghs and found the ernie ball's were the best. I use 10.-52. gauge (dark orange package) and ive had the same ones for 2 months and are still in decent condition.
Gear:
ESP LTD ALEXI-600
Dunlop DB-01 Dimebag Crybaby From Hell
Digitech RP-90
Marshall MG250DFX

24/7
Last edited by MGB2 at Sep 13, 2009,
eb's suck, try dunlop or dadderio, the eb's break on me all the time and dont last as long.
and trust me i tried to use eb's, i wanted to like them..after 10 years of trying i gave up and went dadderio, i havent had any problems since, been using dadderio for over 10 years now, dunlops are just as good too
Member of the Schecter Hellraisers
Gear:
Esp Ltd KH-603, Schecter c-1+ and Epiphone Les Pauls
Carvin amps, Sperzel Trim-Lok, Emg active pickups only, Tonepros bridges.
Last edited by Harvesterofsrrw at Sep 13, 2009,
Quote by XeroDivide
Yes, D'Addario has excellent life span.

+1
R.I.P. Randy Rhoads
I couldnt disagree more. EB's > Daddario and Dunlop by far. The new packaging helps with any rust issues, and tone wise - I think EB's are far superior for what I look for.
Ever Dance with the Devil in The Pale Moonlight?