ok so about 2-3 years ago give or take I bought a used Fender guitar for around 800.00 I would say I think 700 honestly. The funny thing is it was used, its an 05 or 06 guitar but its in great condition and not one scratch on it, its an American HSS Strat, this is the exact guitar, only rosewood fretboard

http://www.gear-vault.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/fender-strat-hss.jpg

The guitar has a push button on the volume know that splits the pickups the S-1 Switch, basically my questions is, arent these guitars normally around 1600 dollars, why was mine so inexpensive?
Yeah, they got for about £1000 in the UK so it must be around that in the US. Somtimes when companies realese new models of guitar they sell them pretty cheap at first like when Gibson done the cheaper range of LP Jr's they started to sell them for abour £300 then they went up to £600.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Last edited by Tokai09 at Sep 13, 2009,
Because it was used? There are even better deals than that out there if you look hard enough.

And American Standards are more like 1200-1300 bucks new, since the price hike.
Quote by amicone18
ok so about 2-3 years ago give or take I bought a used Fender guitar for around 800.00 I would say I think 700 honestly. The funny thing is it was used, its an 05 or 06 guitar but its in great condition and not one scratch on it, its an American HSS Strat, this is the exact guitar, only rosewood fretboard

http://www.gear-vault.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/fender-strat-hss.jpg

The guitar has a push button on the volume know that splits the pickups the S-1 Switch, basically my questions is, arent these guitars normally around 1600 dollars, why was mine so inexpensive?

It was cheap because you bought it used. Meaning someone else already had bought it before you. It's $1600 from a store.

If you go on ebay, and look up a guitar thats around $2,000 (Maybe a Gibson or PRS) Find the price of it used, then find the SAME model (not the same guitar) used, and it'll probably be extremely less. For instance, I bought my EJ strat for $1,099. The street price from GC is around $2,300. Price dropped by a bit over $1,000 just because I bought it second hand.