Hi, i'm currently using a marshall mg250dfx amplifier and an ibanez rg series guitar. I'm wondering if theres and settings on either the guitar or amp to get a nice jazzy clean sound? Thanks in advance!
Lifes all good till you're dead
Fenders have nice cleans, I don't know about what gear jazz guitarists use, but that might be a start.
Gear:
Squier Strat
Cordoba 20TM-CE Acoustic Electric Tenor Uke
Bugera V22
Quote by Scythuz
Hi, i'm currently using a marshall mg250dfx amplifier and an ibanez rg series guitar. I'm wondering if theres and settings on either the guitar or amp to get a nice jazzy clean sound? Thanks in advance!

If you turn the gain down on the clean channel and flick the toggle switch to the middle selection or if you have a HSH switch it to the neck and middle pickup you should get a nice clean sound.
Mark Tremonti: I have my own mixer on stage so I can alter my volmes while on stage

Myles Kennedy: And why's that Mark?

Mark Tremonti:....I have trust issues with the sound guy

Selling a Marshall DSL401!
Quote by Sonis3
Fenders have nice cleans, I don't know about what gear jazz guitarists use, but that might be a start.

generally they use hollowbodies and fender twin reverbs
inb4 "why don't you just use crushing overdrive"
Set your guitar to the neck pickup and roll the tone down, play around with the eq 'till you get the sound you're looking for
Get a tube amp.
Stuff:
ESP/LTD EC-200QM (with SD Distortions)
1986 Charvel Model 4
2013 Ibanez RG7421WH

Amps
Marshall MS-2 microamp (a POS)
B-52 LG-100a head (Not bad)

Pedals
Digitech Grunge distortion
Quote by Scythuz

Turn off your gain, if you have some delay or reverb, put that on some. Use your neck pickup, your thumb or fingers also produce a warmer sound, which jazz guitarists use too.

inb4 "why don't you just use crushing overdrive"
Set your guitar to the neck pickup and roll the tone down, play around with the eq 'till you get the sound you're looking for

No need to roll the tone down, since the doing that makes it darker. If he's using humbuckers, they already have a darker sound. It also depends on what cleans for Jazz he wants. If he's looking for the moderate smooth warm sound, then he doesn't need to do anything except put on his clean channel and add some reverb. If he's looking for a sparkly more jangly type clean, then he needs a single coil, some reverb, and a good bit of treble.

Budget clean channel (If you for some reason have the money to do it)
Fender Champion 600
ClinchFX EP-PRE
Some sort of Reverb unit
if you want, a compressor and/or analog delay unit

Depending on if you go used on some of those (EP-PRE you have to actually order, can't really find them used), should total out to around $330 (if you don't buy the compressor and delay unit).
Neck pickup, clean, perhaps tone rolled off to suit your tastes. A bit of reverb. Finger picked chords. good
Gear
Warmoth Stratocaster
Jackson KE3
ESP LTD EC-256

Bogner Alchemist 2x12
Vox AD30VT

Gator GPT-PWR Pedalboard
MXR CAE MC-404 Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Korg Pitchblack Tuner
Digitech Bad Monkey
Line 6 Uber Metal