Peavey Classic 30/112 Tweed Tube Combo
3 43%
Marshall Haze40 Tube Combo
1 14%
Other
3 43%
Voters: 7.
UG,

I have narrowed my amp choices down to two. Realizing I won't need a half stack I'm going between a Peavey Classic 30/112 tweed, or a Marshall Haze40 tube combo amps. So I ask which one should I get and why, or if neither how about a suggestion for a tube combo at around the same price.

I play on a Gibson Les Paul 2008 Standard, Tradition G12 Standard (decent strat knock off). I play classic rock, hard rock (like GNR) and some metal (mostly metallica), but I play a lot of blues (SRV) so need good cleans as well as good OD.

Its So Easy
Quote by axethrower13
But you only die once, so you may as well experience it to the fullest.

Quote by ozzyismetal
Get her a goat. Bitches love goats.

Quote by Weaponxclaws
Plus, naturally I scream satanic rituals while unleashing the demon. It's a marvelous resurrection.
Last edited by Its So Easy at Sep 13, 2009,
Classic won't even touch metal. I played one the other day and physically checked that i was on the gain channel because i wasn't sure. However, i didn't much care for the Haze combo i played either. All i can advise you to do is what i've decided to do, save some god damn money and try and get hold of a DSL50 or summin along those lines.
^Sorry. If I were to save up some 'god damn money' as you put it, I would not buy a DSL.

I personally did not care for the Haze, but there are some here really like 'em so play one TS if you can see what you think.

I personally like the Classic 30, even though I have never played one. Yes, that's true, I've never played one. Here is a little clip MatrixClaw did on a Classic 30 that you should check in case you didn't think it had any gain. It will also be great if you play a lot of blues.

http://profile.ultimate-guitar.com/MatrixClaw/music/

TS - you'll get more amp for your money if you include used amps in your search. Where are you in Illinois? Have you checked your local craigslist?
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 14, 2009,