Wasn't sure where to ask this, I figured here would be the best place to try.

I'm looking for some software similar to Virtual DJ (which is the same as Numark CUE), but maybe... Better? Another reason I want something different is Virtual DJ runs at a fixed window size, which is too big for my laptop monitor, and gets really annoying

Thanks guys
Quote by moody07747
yea I never liked how you could not resize the windows in Virtual DJ...

But the next step up IMO is Scratch Live by Serato.

Does that only work with hardware? I am looking to buy a controller, but can't afford to at the moment, I'm just trying software so I know what I want the controller to be compatible with when I get it.
Yea Scratch Live is like ProTools in that you need the hardware interface to work with it. Any DJ I know of who has gone digital uses Scratch Live.

I don't know of many DJ software other than VirtualDJ as this isnt really my field of music but I'm sure if you search google some you will find what you are looking for.

For home use, I think it's quite hard to beat VirtualDJ...
Deckadance looks quite sweet for the price, however I can't understand why you don't want to use hardware, it's sooo much easier! Try it out, seriously!
Quote by Tombe
With pedals you can throw your guitar down for an impromptu pedal drone solo, whereas if you did that on a rack it would just look like you were programming your washing machine.
I do want to use hardware Just I don't want to buy some and find the software it works with is all crap, so if I use trials and find some decent software, I can make sure the controller I get is compatible I'm probably gonna end up getting something Numark anyway, as they do good gear and come with CUE, which is the same as Virtual DJ.
Virtual DJ works with 99% of controllers out there...however there is an interface/controller made specifically for VDJ under the brand name of Hercules.

I heave heard the Numark Total Control is a nice unit as well.
Quote by moody07747
Virtual DJ works with 99% of controllers out there...however there is an interface/controller made specifically for VDJ under the brand name of Hercules.

I heave heard the Numark Total Control is a nice unit as well.

And the software that comes with Numark is the same as VDJ (it must be the same company or something, there are literally no differences). Still, the annoyance is it not fitting on the screen
I use Traktor DJ Studio 3, and it's pretty nice. I don't have any hardware though, just been learning the basics with the idea of getting some decks sometime soon.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?