Hey peoples, a few questions.

I am on the prowl for a new amp to replace my crappy Spider III 15w. I am looking for a tube amp that it good for bedroom play and just performing for family. My genres range from Jazz to Heavy Metal. I mainly play Blues and Metal, but I am kinda lookin for something that can give me a Gary Moore type tone. My budget is up to $500. Here are my questions:

The Blackstar HT 5 combo seems nice, but the mini stack is the same price, which would be better to get, the combo or the mini stack?

Are there any other amps that can give me the tone I am looking for?

Are the amps you recommend good with pedals?

Thanks ahead of time, if there is anything else I forgot to mention, comment.
If you get the ht-5, just get th3 head and buy a good 1x12 or 2x12 cab, the 10" speaker is kinda meh in the ht-5
HT-5 and an OD/Distortion pedal should give you what you're looking for.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Okay, so I'll get the HT5 head, would a 2x12 be quiet enough for bedroom practice? Or should I just stay with a 1x12?
Quote by macfreak1
Okay, so I'll get the HT5 head, would a 2x12 be quiet enough for bedroom practice? Or should I just stay with a 1x12?

The Blackstar cab is fine for you for now. Upgrade it later on when you have more money. It's not as bad as people make it out to be. But You need to get an OD pedal with it because it can't do much metal on it's own (Sabbath at best).
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Don't know anything about the blackstar but everyone here says its cool so go for it man....seems like a good deal for a tube amp
Fender 70s Ri Strats w/various Dimarzios
Modded 1982 Marshall JCM800 2203

Boss DS-1,Dunlop Crybaby,MXR Phase 90,Ibanez AD9,Boss CH-1

Check out randy dobsons underground ,tell me what you think