b) What the chord progression is
-----
Currently using:
B.C. Rich NJ Deluxe Jr. V
B.C. Rich Revenge Warlock
Bugera 6262 212 120 Watt amp :

Coming soon:
B.C. Rich Pro X Mockingbird Hardtail
The first riff is in E minor, the next clean part is in A minor. I stopped there because I realized that since this is a school assignment, you should be doing it yourself.
Quote by darkwolf291
Is the blood of children a key? Because that song is brutal

Unfortunately not officially lol
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Quote by Eastwinn
The first riff is in E minor, the next clean part is in A minor. I stopped there because I realized that since this is a school assignment, you should be doing it yourself.

It's not because I'm lazy or anything. It's legitimately because I struggle with music theory. (And by struggle I mean I'm a retard)
-----
Currently using:

Coming soon:
Well it must have a key, i mean everything does

Isn't there a tab on here for it? Just write down the notes n take a good look at em

I mean I have limited knowledge of 'brutal' music, but if its music it has a key, well at least one

Its a bit like trying to write down the vocal melodies for Slipknot's Iowa style. Its vague as hell but its there after a few hundred listens

Also, I couldn't be bothered to listen to it
^ Some music doesn't have a key, actually. It's called Atonal. Also, technically, modal music doesn't have a key either, but that's just pedantic =P
Quote by Eastwinn

Actually the main riff is in D minor and the clean part is in G minor-it's tuned to D .
^He can transpose the stuff afterwards, but I'm pretty sure it'll be easier to think of it as standard. Anyways, TC most of the song is E or A minor with liberal use of accidentials. Common ones being the b2 and b5. Other accidentials used often in metal are the M6 and M7, sometimes used to create chromatic runs. (assuming you're in a minor key..)

Anyways, look at the notes for a section, and try to find, to the best of your ability whichever note is the root note, which will usually be either played often, or played first in a run or something. If you're having trouble figuring out a section, feel free to PM me and I'll help alittle.
Quote by matiasfjeldmark
Actually the main riff is in D minor and the clean part is in G minor-it's tuned to D .

Ah! I was trying to remember to transpose it to D, but I failed
Quote by MadAudioMan
Common ones being the b2 and b5. Other accidentials used often in metal are the M6 and M7, sometimes used to create chromatic runs. (assuming you're in a minor key..)

So pretty much all notes excluding the major third? I hear the Major third quite a bit in metal.
Quote by isaac_bandits
So pretty much all notes excluding the major third? I hear the Major third quite a bit in metal.

It's safe to say that every note has its place in metal.
The song varies keys a lot. The opening riff is strange, I'm not sure exactly what the key is. It has the root, major seventh, fifth, sharp fourth, flat second and flat third all in the one riff, so I don't know if you could give a key to it. The run that comes just before the vocals come in is D Phrygian Dominant, pretty obvious. The chorus is G Minor, and I'm pretty sure the pre-chorus bit is based in G Minor. The thing is this song has a lot of accidentals and rarely sticks to the key it's in. I think that's because Chuck didn't really know much theory and just did what sounded cool, but I'm not certain on that.
sig goes here