so i'm on craigslist and i post an ad for a custom flute that i bought years ago when i was serious about making it a profession, i get an email back from this check and she tells me that shes moving away and she'll send a check or something of the nature to me. She'll pay for everything is the main theme here and asks for my information and thats when i figured that it was one of those scammers.

i posted on the for sale musical items section on craigslist that this girl is goin' around makin' scams, to be aware of the situation. i posted her name and her email address. then i get an email reply from some dude telling me not to do that, its the responsibility of fellow craiglisters to catch a fraud or learn that they're being scammed, also continues to go as far as to even say, "no need to clutter up the CL boards, this isn't your good neighborly advice board"

is he right? should i let people figure it out on there own even if it means they could be scammed out of something? if i can make an assumption but i bet that most people here on UG don't read instruction manuals when say, they open up a pedal box or something. you kinda just go with it and figure it out, only later do you actually look at it.

so am i the wrong person because i want help my fellow craigslist companions?

or is he being a jerk?
My Gear:
epiphone les paul cusom, Limited edition. evo dimarzio pick ups
Parker P-38
epiphone hummingbird
line 6 flextone
crate vtx 120

head full of ideas.
There is a whole site devoted to reporting scammers on craigslist.

Move along citizen.
I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days,
It takes a long time just to get this all straight.
Nah, he's just being an elitist jerk in my opinion. I've never seen what's wrong about warning others on sites about scams, but there are always these dicks out there claiming that it should be down to individual users to be responsible for themselves.

I'd love to see them say something along the same lines when someone breaks into their house.
Matter is void. All is vanity. All is nothing. Nothing exists.

But damn does whisky rule
i thot this thread was about fapping....
Quote by Valid12891
I wish I had an extra sensitive third nipple, and a girl who was into that sort of thing.

Quote by _Ixnay_
In Russia, Winter Cold + Vodka + Big-Chested Women = No problem.

Book of shadows 2?
O_o
Quote by SoWrongItsMatt

Aw you read my mind
Quote by herby190
Every thread I've seen you in has been a complete success. Yay you!

Quote by theking182
i'm voting for GNiCk89. i just like how he speaks TO me, not AT me.

Quote by \m/Angus\m/
Yea, Sublime is a great band. You have an Underoath icon, so I think your opinion doesn't matter.
IS he a mod?

Owner of a site?

Admin?

If not, fuck him and do what you want.
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by SinSyringe
Thats quite a common scam and I think they outline it in the scam warning section so I don't think it was really necessary but who cares :/

they do kind of tell you about it, but like i said. does anyone read the manual to something they know how to do? the first couple of months i went on craigslist doin' my thing and i get a bunch of emails regarding check payments. even though it said on the CL page don't trust those kinds of people i don't think many people actually read it. I've to this day never read the itunes agreement thing, i just click accept.

saves alot of time.
My Gear:
epiphone les paul cusom, Limited edition. evo dimarzio pick ups
Parker P-38
epiphone hummingbird
line 6 flextone
crate vtx 120

head full of ideas.
Who cares? If you think it was a good thing to post it, then good for you, let him say what he wants
Quote by ThinLizzyFan
I love you

Who's in a bunker?
Who's in a bunker?
Women and children first
And the children first
And the children