36 68%
Kitchen
0 0%
At band practice
1 2%
Other
13 25%
Voters: 53.
I can't find places that are nice and quiet to write my songs. So where does everybody write thier songs? Choose one of the awnsers and if other please specify.
e-married to Jack (bladez)
Last edited by ESPLTDV401DX at Sep 13, 2009,
I write in my room at night, and in my buddy's basement at our jams.
But i occasionally write wherever inspiration strikes me, but those are the two places i get the most work done at.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
Hey! Now you can molest you're grandma and she won't remember! Score!!!

Gear:
Fender Aerodyne Jazz Bass
Fender V Jazz
Ashdown MAG 410
EH Bass Big MUff
MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
Digitech Synth Wah
Do you mean lyrics or music? I frequently "write" the music in my head, then when I get a chance put it on a guitar or piano or whatever. I don't really need a quiet place, just to concentrate. But when I actually sit down with my guitar, I usually go into the stairwell of my dorm.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
Pretty much wherever.

As far as guitar stuff goes, I'll just make something up while I'm messing around with one. Lyrics I write whenever an idea for the guitar stuff comes to me, be it in my room, on a car trip, in math class....
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Quote by Artemis Entreri
Do you mean lyrics or music? I frequently "write" the music in my head, then when I get a chance put it on a guitar or piano or whatever. I don't really need a quiet place, just to concentrate. But when I actually sit down with my guitar, I usually go into the stairwell of my dorm.

Lyrics
The music room of my best friend's house is where I do most of my writing.
'64 Fender Telecaster
'08 Epiphone Prophecy EM-2
'06 Epiphone Les Paul-100
'08 Squier Strat Mini
'03 Ibanez AEG10
'90 Yamaha FG730S
'31 Kay Archkraft
Okay its mostly in your bedroom. I will try it at night. Thanks
Edit: Oh god that sounds wrong.
Haha.

I mostly write before going to sleep, I try and write a set of lyrics every day. I then desperately try and put music and melody to them the day after.
My best ideas come when I am walking through forests, alone of course.
Other planes lie beyond the reach
Of normal sense and common roads
But they are no less real
Than what we see or touch or feel
-Burzum

MoogleRancha is a twat
^Burzum ftw :P

In school actually :P How it wierd it may seem! It's easier to me if I have some other song in the background or playing the song I'm writing for!
Quote by TheChaz
I ran over two squirrels at once one time. They were chasing after each other in the street, and I swerved to avoid them, but ended up with one under each tire. Still my greatest driving accomplishment to date.

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Hitler could have been aborted
Typically during my last waking minutes as im in bed, Ill write something on the thoughts of my day. I feel my mind is clearer, and lets me write without overthinking things. Same as now, I just wrote something while sitting in my living room listening to music, which also clears my mind. I can write on the spot for something to save my life.
I always write my songs in my room, I'm alone and secluded there and its (usually) pretty quiet when the door is closed. I also usually do it at night after getting all ready for bed, it gives you more time to think because you don't have anywhere to go but to sleep.
Lyrics sometimes just come to me (occasionally )
- once I got this really REALLY good sentence I was going 2 use, but I 4got it before I could write it down!
To get riffs and solo's and chords I just sit down and play - until I get something I can work on.
Not the best way to right songs really. I've ended up with two parts of a song that don't really fit and am desperatly trying to get something to connect it.
Any tips?
i write songs whenever the idea for one comes to me. whether its in school, at home, or out with my friends.