When Noel Gallagher of Oasis plays a solo the sound of it is little different from the song, im refering to songs like champagne supernova, how does he do this?
Years, and years, and years, of drugs.

But no, I don't listen to Oasis so I don't really know what you mean.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
boost pedal? eq boost for solo? another channel on the amp? i don't know which one he uses, but most likely one of these
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
I thought that was the case but my question is how he uses that, i have a ibanez TS9 and i cant really seem to get that same effect
Delay, some sort of modulator, combined with a boost and a reverb pedal.
Quote by santa_man99
THANK you. I love you forever.

Quote by DrFuzz
Why are you researching for Christmas? It's only Ma- HOLY CRAP WHERE'S 2009 GONE!?!?!?

Quote by ilikepirates
You're right, that is weird. You win.
Quote by aroth897
I thought that was the case but my question is how he uses that, i have a ibanez TS9 and i cant really seem to get that same effect

he is using delay and other effect, really you have to find your own ways of cutting in a mix. sometimes i change pickups. sometimes boost, sometimes fuzz. depends. but i can't tell you how to do it, you gotta learn yourself.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
here is a shot of his pedal board at 5:27 im not quite sure what he is using

I guess im just trying to figure out what i need to to achieve a similar sound to that of the solo, i have been trying but i havent been able to figure it out, also anyone know where i can get a tab for this version of the solo?
Last edited by aroth897 at Sep 13, 2009,