So i have a Mesa Stilleto I am becoming very displeased with. I running it through a Peavey Valveking 4x12.

Recently, my co-guitarist left his Line 6 Spider III combo at my house after a rehearsal and I began playing with it. I loved it.

I need a better distortion than im getting out of my Mesa and im considering selling it along with the cab and buying the half-stack version of the spider III.

My question is: is this a downgrade completely? or only in the opinion of others? Is this a bad idea in the long run?
downgrade!
Scar tissue that I wish you saw
Sarcastic mister know it all
Close your eyes and I'll kiss you cause
With the birds I'll share
This lonely view
Troll?

Yes that is a MAJOR downgrade and probably the worst option you can go with. If you liked it then at least get a Line 6 Tube Head or Peavey Vypyr Tube Head or somethin dude. The spiders are good practice amps but at high volumes they are shit.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
get a new cabinet, peavey cabinets are notoriously bad... but if you want a spider III i'll trade you mine

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
your cab is the problem. that is a poopy cab you have there, sir.
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by SPBY
get a new cabinet, peavey cabinets are notoriously bad... but if you want a spider III i'll trade you mine

This. Valveking speakers suck.
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Excessive punctuation!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by dhutton
+infinity

I have infinity.
Quote by metharian
yea its way too much for my little stick lol
downgrade,

Everyone will say downgrade, your an 06 guy, you should know like 70% (or more) of UG hate L6 SPIII's

but thats justmy 2c

but yeh you could get alot better stuff than a digital line6 Spider 3 ,

if you want a line 6 tho try a Vetta
Quote by rgrockr
You can buy whatever guitar you want, you don't have to be at a certain skill level to buy one. This is real life, not some guitar-playing RPG where you have to unlock new guitars.
Last edited by kakos at Sep 13, 2009,
Ok so if i want as good of a distortion as the spider yet work good live what I should I do??
Quote by kakos
downgrade, if you want good distortion, get a Peavey 6505(+)

Everyone will say downgrade, your an 06 guy, you should know like 70% (or more) of UG hate L6 SPIII's

but thats justmy 2c

Im an 06 but im hardly in the forums. lol
Dude, mesa distortion is 100x better than the spider, get a vader/mesa/avatar/orange/countless-other-good-companies cab

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
Spider distortion = good?

Mind = blown.

And if you really like modelers, the Line 6 Vetta is a modeling amp, only 69904334803984x better. I would vote for that.
UG POKER!
Quote by WyvernOmega

TL;DR: Saw a girl at Wal-Mart, she started feeling me up, I jizzed in my pants.

Shit, I'm so pathetic.

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']I agree, tone does sound better the closer your genitals are to the ground.

Crabcore?

UNACCEPTABLE
distortion pedal?
this way you can get exactly the disortion you like without doing that horrible swap you were thinking of, no offense
Last edited by xtoolfanx at Sep 13, 2009,
-1 to anyone who thinks this is for real.

Half the threads in this silly forum bash Line6 Spider IIIs so anyone who's been here since 2006 would certainly know that!
Quote by BobDetroit
-1 to anyone who thinks this is for real.

Half the threads in this silly forum bash Line6 Spider IIIs so anyone who's been here since 2006 would certainly know that!

did you not see me say that im hardly ever on the forums??
Hm, you're like the 10th person who's come with this dilemma in the past month. Strange...
Quote by Sooopo
You sir, have made my day awesome.

8/7/09

RIP Les Paul, I bet he's forming a kick-ass band up there to play The Great Gig in the Sky. Maybe we'll all have to use a Stairway to Heaven to go see them play. You know I'm funny.
if you want advice on how to get your gear to sound better and get suggestions for something new, start a new thread. preferably dont mention buying the spider so we dont have 100 "spid3rs suck!" posts. closing this since most of the posts are just that.