there are a few amps with 4 inputs and i have no idea how they work.
the Marshall JTM45, 1959SLPX, 1959HW, Bugera 1960 just to name a few all have the four inputs.
i understand 2 inputs on single channel amps, like the jcm 800 2203, but the four have always confused me.
i heard that one is the bass and the other is the treble sounds and those both were for clean or distortion, is that true?
if not, please explain.
and please, try to keep it in the simplest terms possible, i'm not the best with all the technical terminology.
There are two sets for each channel. One channel is usually the normal channel and the other is more of a bright, trebly channel. Each channel has an input for lower gain and higher gain. You can usually bridge the channlels on these amps and use them at the same time, adding more even gain.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
2 channels, high and low input for both. It's usually a bright and normal channel, or a normal and vibrato channel in the case of Fender amps. In the case of the Bassman, it's a normal and bass channel or bass and bright.
so...
Normal Bright
O High O High
O Low O Low

roughly? give or take placement.
Quote by SeanX3187
so...
Normal Bright
O High O High
O Low O Low

roughly? give or take placement.

yes
Other people pretty much got it covered, I'll note that the bright channel generally has a little bit more gain than the normal channels in the 4 input Marshalls.

Keep in mind that the channels are not switchable. But can be jumpered so that you can mix and blend the channels.
Yes, the bright channels usually do have more gain than the normal channels on most of these kinds of amps. Jumping the channels is a great way to sculpt your tone because you can mix between the two for the sweet spot. Either that or do the rock'n'roll thing and just crank everything.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE SINE WAVE SURFER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

[quote="'[BurnTheDusk"]']Boss pedals may be built like tanks but I would rather buy a cardboard box that is on my side than pay for a tank that is working against me.
I would suggest starting with the high input on the left set and the low input on the right set. Generally, the right set of inputs is more grainy or "Voxy". More Marshall sounds on the left side.
alright thanks guys.
i was thinking of picking up something like that but had no idea how those sorts of amps work but knew they sound great and everyone who plays one loves it for the most part.
i appreciate it.