My apologies if this isn't the correct category, I don't think it really fits into any of the others.

So I bought a set of active EMG 85s from a guy on craigslist, and didn't want to go through the hassle of installaling everything plus I have no experience soldering. So I go down to the guitar shop down the road from me, and, having no money and already in debt, I offer him a pedal of mine in exchange for him installing them. He agrees, and I leave both the guitar and the pedal with them. Today he calls me, tells me the guitar works great but the pedal doesn't work at all. He says he's not very happy and wants to be paid for four hours of work, at $25 per hour. I go down there, the pedal works, and he says that regardless he'd have to crazy to accept a pedal for so much work.

What should i do? I can borrow the money and pay the man, but this is ridiculous. That's more than I paid for the pickups! I figure if it was such a big deal, work on them for an hour (keep in mind I had everything set up, pots in, pickups secure, all he had to do was solder and I even gave him the schematics) and then call me and tell me that he can't work any longer for the pedal, and to either take it as is or pay for the work.
Last.fm

Good Trades:
lp_dude_2 / miketheslut/ kshands / alexmack

i think you have no choice but to pay him, but it is a major douche act on his part
Yours Sincerely,

Dr. Speakers
you both agreed on the deal before the work. He has to keep up his end of the deal.
ZoSO rocks!
Quote by LesZeppelin33
you both agreed on the deal before the work. He has to keep up his end of the deal.

But how can I make him do it?
Last.fm

Good Trades:

God damn there is so much spam STFU.

Tell him he already made the deal before hand and if that doesn't work then just give him a 20 or something. Sticky situation bro.
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Quote by Steve-Mo

You can't, unless it was in writing. Pay him, tell him to fuck off, never go back to the store.
Xbox Live GT: IX Michael IX
Quote by parigod
You can't, unless it was in writing. Pay him, tell him to fuck off, never go back to the store.

Sounds like a plan.
Last.fm

Good Trades:

Quote by Steve-Mo

Quote by jackson001
Ironbodom, I hate you.

Quote by SeveralSpecies
damnit Ironbodom.

Quote by Sleaze Disease
Yes, someone "was ate jam" while they were playing.
Brilliant observation.

Save SURGE
Quote by parigod

That's probebly what your gonna have to do
I dno, tell him you will work it off or something. When I moved here a few months ago I had no job or anything, but I wanted to continue guitar lessons. I went down to the music store and did some random building and renovating stuff, and I got free guitar lessons (plus a 10% discount on a new amp some strings and random stuff) haha I dno, just be cool and suck up to the guy, and say youll work for it. If your good offer to do lessons for the store, might work out good like it did for me
I see myself as an intelligent, sensitive human, with the soul of a clown which forces me to blow it at the most important moments.
-Jim Morrison