I recently had tubes in my amp replaced (in July), so I dont know if it;s the culprit again.

anyway, when I play my guitar, it doesnt sound right. I get a weird sound from it when I pick strings, and when I palm mute, there is this fuzz to the noise and it doesnt really mute, it's fuzzy.

Is it my strings, or did my amp crap out on me again? I ordered more strings just in case, but I just need to make sure what it is.
"Music is felt through our soul, not heard with our ears" - Sully Erna

Current Gear:
Ibanez SR755 5-string bass
Acoustic B10 amplifier
Line 6 POD UX1
Hmmm. Well, when I think of tubes going bad I don't think a fuzz sound. Dying power tubes usually just cause the volume to drop (or even spike first) and dying preamp tubes usually show up as a snap, crackle, pop...

That said, nothing is very cut and dry with tubes so anything can be possible.

I'm about ready to pass out I'm so tired so I'll bump this with these thoughts.

Try the preamp tube microphonic check
Take any/all pedals out of the mix for now
Try your guitar in a different amp
Try a different guitar in your amp
Make sure your guitar is grounded - (the fuzz only happens when you touch the strings?)
Make sure there is nothing new to your environment like a new cell phone, new lights, new laptop, new microwave, pet squirrels, things like that that might be causing interference.

good luck
I tried putting my guitar in a different amp and the guitar itself is fine.

I found out my amp wasnt getting enough power because it was switched from an outlet into a power strip.

I appreciate the help. I will make sure to remember those things if anything goes wrong in the future
"Music is felt through our soul, not heard with our ears" - Sully Erna

Current Gear:
Ibanez SR755 5-string bass
Acoustic B10 amplifier
Line 6 POD UX1