Here are the must haves:

Active pickups
A GOOD tremolo system (OFR preferably)
Normal looking body shape (something that will fit into my lap easily when sitting, like the Strat shape) not normal (pretty much all Deans)
Under $1000
Thru-neck

Things I would like but are not needed:

Flamed or Curly maple body
Normal looking headstock
Ebony fretboard
Dot inlays

I know there is a guitar out there that is right for me, I started my hunt about 2 years ago and still no luck. I've looked at almost everything out there, big and small name brands, please help me!

I am interested in ESP guitars since I have not looked into them as much, is there an ESP (not LTD) that matches pretty close to my requirements?
Last edited by gtrplyr at Sep 13, 2009,
ESP LTD M-1000 is about the closest to most of your requirements but worthy contenders are also:

BC Rich ASM Pro
Michael Kelly Hex Deluxe
ESP LTD MH-1000
Any ESP guitar will be above $1000.
However, an ESP LTD MH-1000 fits all of your specs, except it has a flamed maple tap.
you're definately not going to find an actual esp for under $1000, except if you go used (then use craigslist). through in an extra $400 and you can get a MII STD, which PERFECTLY matches what you want (except flamed body)
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
ive heard bad things about the LTD's, is there anything really bad about them?
I could say a shecter synyster gates guitar, but it doesn't have actives, and it would go against all that I stand for. But it does have an ofr which i love.
Quote by Dio10101
I could say a shecter synyster gates guitar, but it doesn't have actives, and it would go against all that I stand for. But it does have an ofr which i love.

i did want one for a while but i decided playing someone elses custom guitar is stupid
i really wish i liked the feel of schecters, almost any of them match my requirements. everytime i pick up a hellraiser i just love the specs but the neck is just really weird feeling. im used to playing on my ibanez which has the thinnest neck in the market. do you think i would get used to it after a while or should i not take the chance?
Quote by gtrplyr
ive heard bad things about the LTD's, is there anything really bad about them?

LTD Deluxe are great man but with all guitars there will be a **** model every once in a while so as long as you play before you buy you shouldn't be too disappointed.
You can buy a used ESP Horizon for under a thousand. Also, they aren't that expensive new...if you're going to be buying a guitar in this price range you might as well go all out.
http://www.youtube.com/user/RichManofAction

200,000 views and counting!

Quote by Perp8tualMotion
This man gets the big golden popcorn trophy which signifies an exceptionally accurate response.

Gear: Jackson SL2H, DX10DFS, Ibanez Prestige RG, Marshall JCM 2000 DSL