dudes my memory boy has a problem, past 3 o clock the repeats are to muddy…. i use the 9v that came with the pedal, so i dont know what is happening. the shorter repeats are fine, everything works great, but past 3 o clock, that is the time that i can get some longer repeats they are to fuzzy, sounding like a broken radio… wierd…

video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WLpmUb9FUo

hope u undestand whats going on...and sorry for the bad quality of the movie, view in HD
that's the point of Analog delay, bro. it distorts as it repeats. if you want clear, even repeats, look into digital.

Analog ain't always better.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
it isnt a distorcion.... the sound is trashed.... i understand the natural decay and distorcion of the delay, but the first repeat should be shiny, and the last not...te problem is that it works fine till 3oclock...and sudently, it can no longer make one clean repeat
Quote by Lcrbsr
it isnt a distorcion.... the sound is trashed.... i understand the natural decay and distorcion of the delay, but the first repeat should be shiny, and the last not...te problem is that it works fine till 3oclock...and sudently, it can no longer make one clean repeat

this is how most analog delay's i've tried have sounded. the faster the delay time, the brighter the repeat. once you get to 3 o'clock, you basically get no clean repeats.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
you're beyond the clean repeat threshold. mine does the exact same thing. it's only got about 550ms of clean delay, so back it off a little bit.
hum, i tought it was a problem... have the pedal only for 4 days...loving it, and couldnt believe that EHX would made such a problem in a box...its just me that dont know nothing about delays!
Quote by Lcrbsr
hum, i tought it was a problem... have the pedal only for 4 days...loving it, and couldnt believe that EHX would made such a problem in a box...its just me that dont know nothing about delays!

well, maybe you should pick up a digital delay, so you can have long, clear repeats and warm decayed repeats as well.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
it is a result of the analog 'bucket brigade' circuit, from what i understand it is a series of capacitors? either way the signal gets moved around the capacitors on the circuit and is unable to faithfully reproduce the signal after a certain number of repeats. this inability to reproduce to signal is usually referred to as 'distortion' or 'signal decay', and is similar to when you 'dubbed' a magnetic tape too many times and the 3rd or 4th generation dub gets real 'hissy'. believe it or not but this is actually the attraction of analog delay, many people feel it makes the device more musical and pleasing to the ear.

digital delays use digital sampling and 'computer style' memory to faithfully reproduce a signal as many times as you please. some digital delays will 'simulate' analog delays by intentionally introducing an imperfection in the feedback delay signal in order to capture the musical nuances of analog delay.
punk isn't dead, it's always smelled that way.

"A perfection of means, and confusion of aims, seems to be our main problem."
-ae
good... i understand now !

i've tried digital delays, and i could not get the sound that i want... i like the natural decay of the memory boy, but yesterday i went into a studio and made a backgorund song with a wha + decay, and started making some spacial sounds...i was amazed with what u can do with a wha and a analog delay... today i plugged the guitar and the delay to play at home, and tought...sh*t i've broken the pot or something LOL
what gumb said is pretty much spot on, except it's not the number of repeats in this case, but the length of repeats. the MB has more than 550ms on tap, but it's marketed at 550ms because after that it starts to break up.