Recently ive been looking to buy a Schecter guitar to play some hardcore metal music and originally i wanted to buy a Schecter Hellraiser C1-FR (~$850) but the pricing seemed a little high and since I really like the schecter brand i looked around a bit more and found the schecter C-1 FR (~$500) and the Schecter Omen FR (~$450). Obviously these two are cheaper by at least 300$ and what i was really wondering was, whats the real difference between the three? Im mainly unsure because they all seem very alike but the only one ive actually tried is the hellraiser so im quite uneasy about which to pick =/. Well hopefully someone can help me on choosing or maybe even direct me towards a different guitar but either way, help is appreciated .
Hey Hey. I can't tell you much about the difference. But I play a Schecter S-1 Elite and was looking to get the same guitars you are looking at, and picked up a Solo-6 Hellraiser. Those bad boys are amazing. Look into one.
Guitar Player Since April 12th, 2005.
Guitar of Choice: Schecter S-1 Elite
Proud of His Two Warnings
I'm gonna throw the C-1 Classic at you.

Easily the best Schecter C series guitar there is.

Since no one is really saying it, the main differences between the guitars are the woods, craftsmanship, neck attachment style (set, neck-thru, bolt-on), pickups and options.

Any Hellraiser guitar (V-1, C-1 and Solo-6) will be your Br00t4Lz metal guitar. I've played the C-1 and Solo-6. They are both incredibly solid guitars.

The C-1 Classic is the greatest guitar in terms of flexibility. Two awesome humbuckers that will play whatever you tell them to. Add coil tap, and a 5 way selector switch, and you got yourself one damn flexible guitar. You'll get any tones you want out of it. It's got a neck-thru style neck, so you'll get "M04R" sustain out of it compared to any other guitar. Plus it looks freaking sexy.
Last edited by r0ckth3d34n at Sep 13, 2009,
Quote by r0ckth3d34n
I'm gonna throw the C-1 Classic at you.

Easily the best Schecter C series guitar there is.

I personally don't agree. The tone's okay but I couldn't stand the feel of it.

The main difference between the c1 and the hellraiser is that the hellraiser has emg's and and original FR instead of the C1's licensed.

I wouldn't suggest getting a tremelo system unless you get a high quality one. I have a hellraiser with an FR, and while it is pretty fun to play around with, it's nowhere near worth the difficulty of tuning changes and whatnot.

EDIT: if you're not going to incorporate it into your music, I guarantee you will be blocking it within the first year of having it.
Last edited by Okeefe Is Legit at Sep 13, 2009,
Quote by r0ckth3d34n

Easily the most "versitile" Schecter C series guitar there is.

Fixed... None of them are the best.... it's an opinion...
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
Quote by Ghold125
The Hellraiser has a neck-thru, active EMG's and an OFR.

your right, except it is set neck
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Ghold125
same thing?

uh, nope
Ibanez XPT707 Xiphos
Schecter C-7 Loomis FR

Mesa Boogie Mark III blue dot Coliseum

Mesa Traditional 4x12 v30's x EVM 12l's

THE SEVEN STRING LEGION
Quote by Ghold125
same thing?

Set neck is like bolt on, except the neck is glued to the body.

Neck-Through is where the neck and the body are one piece of wood, and then there are wings glued to the body.
You can call me Aaron.

♠♣♥♦
Out on parole, any more instances of plum text and I get put back in...
In all honesty, I am getting a new OmenFR for $300 this week. I played it versus the Hellraiser and ATX, and I liked the playability on the Omen much better. It is all a matter of opinion. BUT, I will be changing the pickups ASAP, lol.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?