So, I bought a new guitar from Guitar Center today. Everything seemed fine, but a little bit ago, I was standing up to put it on my guitar stand, and I noticed a weird rattling noise. It sounds like a piece of plastic is falling from one end of the guitar to the other. I haven't noticed a difference in the sound of the guitar, but I don't know if this was something to worry about? Could something be falling apart inside my guitar? I bought the 2 year warranty from them, so I have plenty of time, in case something does go wrong.
what kind of guitar is it?
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
I would take it back and show em and tell em You have a rattling noise in your guitar and ask em to look at it (should be covered by warranty) If its not covered by warranty then idk
I don't read, I look at words and absorb their meanings.
If the pit was a group of people hangin out we would be possibly the most awsome group of people to be known to mankind.........I think it would be on the news
It's a solid body. It's an ESP LTD F-50 (lots of people on here said it wasn't good, but I really like it). The rattling actually seems to be located on the back, in that area with the plate that you can unscrew. What, exactly, is behind that? Is it possible to unscrew it and see what's rattling?
just unscrew the back plate and take it off.
Quote by Mo Jiggity
What he said. You are a wise man for not buying into the hype.

ya hear that...he thinks im wise
Quote by Sebz93
It's a solid body. It's an ESP LTD F-50 (lots of people on here said it wasn't good, but I really like it). The rattling actually seems to be located on the back, in that area with the plate that you can unscrew. What, exactly, is behind that? Is it possible to unscrew it and see what's rattling?

unscrew it. It could be just a loose screw. Or a loose pot or a cable hitting the plastic.
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
wow. brand new and already somethings wrong?

well take it back to guitar center to see whats wrong. i don't think it could be anything that bad. it still has sound right?
Classical Guitarist
Last edited by Zep_shizzle at Sep 13, 2009,
In the back of your guitar behind the plate houses the electronics of the guitars. I think what you are hearing is just a cable that's hitting the wood but it doesn't hurt to check. It could also be a loose piece of solder (I've had that happen before)
If your unsure of what your doing, just take it back to the store and have them look at it.
Really, don't go messing with your new guitar.
I love white guitars!