I have an Epi LP Prophecy with emg p,ups. I currently own a Cube 60 amp, which seems to work just fine. However, I want a tube amp that would work good for practicing at home. (sounds good at low volume)

So I was looking at the Blackheart Little Giant 5w tube guitar head, will this serve my needs? Also, if I wanted more volume, can it be hooked up to run through my cube 60 amp speaker.

Please excuse my ignorance on these matters, but I am looking for a good practice amp for cheap.

Here is the ebay like to what I am looking at:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&Item=220476183997&Category=10171&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26its%3DI%26otn%3D2
More speakers =/= more volume. Before I can recommend it, what genres do you play? And you're gonna need a cab if you get a head.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
More speakers =/= more volume. Before I can recommend it, what genres do you play? And you're gonna need a cab if you get a head.

i second that
Quote by valterra
You traded him a sword for the guitar? You do realize that a smart person would just agree to the trade, take the sword, slay you with it, keep all of the loot and call it a day, right?

....What are they teaching you kids in school these days?!
unless you can crank it, you'll need a pedal for overdrive with the little giant. it probably wont be much quieter than your cube 60.
Gear :

Gibson Les Paul Special
Fender Koa Stratocaster
Korg Pitchblack
Dunlop 535Q Crybaby Wah
BBE Boosta Grande
Fulltone OCD v4
EHX Russian Big Muff Pi
Vox Night Train
Egnater Rebel 112x Cab
Marshall Class 5
Quote by mmolteratx

i disagree. i have an amp with a 1x12 speaker and when i plug it into my 4X12 cab, it's a lot louder.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.
Quote by Jhachey22
i disagree. i have an amp with a 1x12 speaker and when i plug it into my 4X12 cab, it's a lot louder.

This is true,
I plugged my AC4 with a 10 inch celestion into my Orange 2x12 and the volume was significantly louder.

more speakers, more air pushed, more perceived volume, I think?
Anyway, TS you're going to need a cab with that, and it's good for rock from what I've heard but I don't think it gets very heavy, have not played it though.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
Last edited by tr3nt at Sep 13, 2009,
1.- heads need a speaker to sound through. you could mod your cube to serve as a speaker cabinet, but it's weird.
2.- the blackheart isnt actually a metal amp (you have EMG's, an epi prophecy and a cube, so i believe you are a metal player). you will need an overdrive or distortion pedal
3.- the blackstar is a 5w amp. If you hook it to a 1x12 it will have certain volume. if you hook it to a 4x12 it will push more air and have more low end, and it will sound more, but not like a 20w amp. i dunno if you understand, but just leave it like 2 speakers isnt twice the volume than one. also, the speaker and cab wattages dont mean that your amps volume will increase or decrease, the speaker wattage is the wattage that it can handle before it begins to break up, if you want a cleaner or cleared sound you should use a speaker that has a higher wattage and if you want to drive it more you should use one with the same wattage than your amp.

EDIT:
Quote by Jhachey22

Quote by tr3nt
This is true,
I plugged my AC4 with a 10 inch celestion into my Orange 2x12 and the volume was significantly louder.

more speakers, more air pushed, more perceived volume, I think?
Anyway, TS you're going to need a cab with that, and it's good for rock from what I've heard but I don't think it gets very heavy, have not played it though.

Agreed with both, but 5w into a 4x12 =/= 20w into a 1x12
you will have more low end in the 5w and you will push more air and stuff, but the 20w is still louder
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
Last edited by ldnovelo at Sep 13, 2009,
Quote by Jhachey22

You have to take into account speaker efficiency and the like as well though. I still shouldn't have said that it equals no more volume, even with speakers of the same efficiency a 4X12s going to be a bit louder than 1X12. But he said a Cube 60's speaker and that's going to make absolutely no difference at all as far as loudness goes.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by mmolteratx
You have to take into account speaker efficiency and the like as well though. I still shouldn't have said that it equals no more volume, even with speakers of the same efficiency a 4X12s going to be a bit louder than 1X12. But he said a Cube 60's speaker and that's going to make absolutely no difference at all as far as loudness goes.

relatively speaking, then yes. more speakers don't equal more volume.
Quote by patriotplayer90
Lolz that guy is a noob.

Egnater
Leave it on the press, Depress Depress Taboot Taboot.