im willing to go 1200 like it says on the sites, but is it possible to get it any cheaper?
Member #40 of the Steve Irwin Memorial Club, pm Clincher09 to join.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
buy used.

This. probably the cheapest would be buying used parts and making a partscaster... You'd have to know a bit for the wiring part though...
ive never seen one for under 1000, however some stores may let them go for 900 or so. depending on the original price of course.

personally though, i would go for a mexican one. i dont feel, hear or see a difference other than the price. i think most people who talk bad about them dont know what the **** they are talking about.
Last edited by JT747 at Sep 13, 2009,
I got my American Deluxe Strat 3 years ago new for $900 bucks. It was a case of stacking a couple discounts and deals at Guitar Center, and haggling.

You're best bet, especially in light of the recent price hike, is to buy used.
I agree with the guy that said to get a mexican one. I cant find a difference other than saying "ehhhh I have an american one". But if you want to go a little more expensive than you can get a Highway One. I suggest an HSS. OR maybe a Deluxe Roadhouse. Or maybe and FSR. Jesus, there are so many.
Quote by turd_ferguson
[0:17] If my parents knew I was part of a group who celebrated christmas by drinking cough syrup they would probably cry

WEATHERER, the greatest band ever.
Warmoth, I think.
If I'm right, an Alder Strat body+maple/maple or maple/rosewood neck from warmoth shouldn't cost more than $500 finished. $90 trem, $150 on pickups, $15 on electronics, $20 on a PG, $3 on a jack plate. Comes out to around $780, if my estimation is correct.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by nixhex113
used Highway one

This. They go for about $500 used and honestly I'd rather get a Highway One than an American Standard anyway
Quote by necrosis1193
As usual Natrone's mouth spouts general win.

Quote by Silverstein14
man, Natrone you're some kind of ninja I swear

Quote by gregs1020
plexi

i realize the longshot that is. little giant to humongous one.

Rest In Peace Stevie Ray
Either get a Deluxe second hand, buy a Highway One series, or order parts from Warmoth and put it together yourself. Those are your cheap options that will still result in a good guitar.

However really, some MIM Strats can be just as good as the Highway One models. Anyone claiming that a MIM Strat can compete with a MIA Deluxe Strat is taking the piss or delusional, but MIM vs Highway One is a much closer call as the Highway Ones are 90% the same as the MIM's just made a short drive further north and given a nitro finish. The MIM Deluxe and Classic Player Strats in particular can easily compete with the Highway One models, so long as you test them out before you buy it to make sure you're getting a good one.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.