first, i just finished building my cab so i can finally play my tube amp and i love it so far but whenever i turn it off the tubes make a "click" sound. is this normal? i dont really know how to describe it but it really just sounds like a "click"

also, the amp i have doesnt have very much bass at all and im a rhythm guitarist in a death metal band so i really need a lot of low end, how can i boost this up?

thanks!
Yes it is normal for the amp to "click" off.
turn up the bass knob.
Quote by IRISH_PUNK13
The grandmother is having a baby with her grandson, so the grandson will be his own fathers father, the baby will be his own grandfather, and grandson, and the grandmother will be the mother, and great grandmother?

Quote by TheBurningFish
ಠ_ಠ
Bass is all the way up and the clicking is very quiet and it clicks repeatedly ever 5 seconds or so for about 10 minutes when the lights dim
You have a HK switchblade and it doesn't have enough bass?

Your home made cabinet could have an effect on this, but you don't want that much bass or your tone will be fighting your bassists.

When recording engineers take a lot of the bass off of the guitar tracks to make room for the bassist.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
The thing is, we designed the cab for a really big low end and we got speakers with a big low end, the cab is HUGE so the internal volume is perfect for good low end. I still feel there is something missing. It's not really coursing through my body like when I crank up a good metal song on my stereo. Is there anyway to give it a boost?
Quote by gtrplyr
The thing is, we designed the cab for a really big low end and we got speakers with a big low end, the cab is HUGE so the internal volume is perfect for good low end. I still feel there is something missing. It's not really coursing through my body like when I crank up a good metal song on my stereo. Is there anyway to give it a boost?

buy a boost pedal, or a tubescreamer/overdrive, then crank tone to bass. also, turn down the tone knob on your guitar, use neck pickup if possible
Peavey JSX 120 Half Stack
Mockingbird Evil Edge SE
Mockingbird Special(White)

Set sail to sea but pulled off course by the light of golden treasure --Hetfield, the Unforgiven Pirate

So I dub Thee Unforgiven Three! -How it should have been
Would an EQ pedal help the same way an OD pedal would? I'm trying to decide which I should get first
The clicking noise you described is normal - I believe its the tubes disengaging or something along those lines.

As far as you're homemade cab, what materials did you use? Where did you get the specs? What speakers did you put in it?

As for boosting your bass, EQ pedal.
add some mids, not alot if you want to keep the tight metal tone but a little bit will go a long way in helping your sound and adding some oomph
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}
Quote by gtrplyr
Would an EQ pedal help the same way an OD pedal would? I'm trying to decide which I should get first

Bump

What's the difference and what would be better for me?
dont bump after 17 minutes dude, an OD pedal will help you get a tighter more focused sound while an eq will help you dial in some more bass.
Call me Dom
Quote by Dmaj7
I don't know how to count canadians, the metric system is hard

Quote by gregs1020
well if lbj pokes his head in here and there's no nuts shit's gonna go doooooooowwwwwwwwwn.

{Pedalboard Thread Native: The Muffin Man}