I'm going to buy the Orange Tiny Terror, and am looking for a good cab for it. I'm looking for a 2x12 because I'm going to be playing with a band, but was wondering if a cab rated at 150W or so would be overkill for an amp of that size (15W). Thanks for the help.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
which cab's are you looking at?

Right now mostly the Marshall 1936. Also, I'm not sure, but according to the specs, the marshall has an 8 ohm mono and a 16 ohm stereo input, would either of these channels be louder than the other or anything. Just thought I'd ask since the tiny terror can output 8 and 16 ohms.
Quote by Skierinanutshel
for a cheaper and debatable higher-quality alternative go to www.avatarspeakers.com and get a cab there.

also, the TT outputs 8 parallel and 16 series (correct me if i'm wrong) so you want to use the 16ohm output if plugging into one cab.

Go for the Avatar. I believe the 1936 is made out of particle board and that's the opposite of tone and durability.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Yeah I think I'm going to go Avatar 212 Celestion Vintage 30's
"Blood is thicker then stripper sweat."
-Ballsuckulus "aka Marc Justus"
Quote by Skierinanutshel
for a cheaper and debatable higher-quality alternative go to www.avatarspeakers.com and get a cab there.

also, the TT outputs 8 parallel and 16 series (correct me if i'm wrong) so you want to use the 16ohm output if plugging into one cab.

I'll take a look, but right now i'm looking for something used, and I can probably get the Marshall for around $300.
But no matter what cab i get, it will work with a wattage that much higher than the amp's wattage, right?
Quote by idsdj
But no matter what cab i get, it will work with a wattage that much higher than the amp's wattage, right?

Yes. But I'd still recommend stretching your budget by about $100 and getting an Avatar over the Marshall. It's a terrible cab IMO.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs