it would be very difficult to describe it through text since so much internal muscle stuff is involved. There are all kinds of videos on youtube explaining it.
equipment:
Gibson SG Special ltd.
Peavey JF2EX
Fender Kingman SCE
Vox AD30Vt
Line6 Spider III 150

Quote by Philip_pepper

Be sure to be able to recite at least one Shakespeare quote before and after each song.

Out loud, or in your head, it's up to you.
Theres a bunch of "how to scream" videos on youtube. Take that, and experiment with it. It tends to work both ways, if you do guttural-type stuff or low-pitched frys.
i heard inhaling works great
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
man the best way to learn is just sit in your room and try to scream, thats what I did, if it hurts you are doing it wrong and try a different way, its trial and error
amps
Vox Ac 30 (main)
Fender Supersonic with Krank Krankenstien 4x12
OR 50 with 4 x 12
Gassing for ibanes airplane flanger
Quote by romencer17
i heard inhaling works great

it's good for imitating deathcore (like waking the cadaver), but doesn't sound good
Quote by webbtje
A woman's perspective is great, you get to stare down at least one top without anyone caring.
thats impossible, not bein a dick, but its really hard to get the same screams as him.
Obsession! Obsessive! Obsessed! Abscess!
there is a good link in the singing thread that has a really good lesson on the basics
but really you will never be able to scream like "insert band/singer here", you need to scream to what suits your vocal abilities and range best, otherwise you will end up destroying your voice by trying to imitate something you can't naturally do

oh, and NEVER inhale scream
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Sep 13, 2009,
screaming lesson
this guy has a really good lesson(halfway down the mp3 list)
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
Last edited by justinb904 at Sep 13, 2009,
Quote by skwelcher
it's good for imitating deathcore (like waking the cadaver), but doesn't sound good

I was trolling

inhaling is for pussies.

real men exhale and go GUUUUUUUR
Free your mind and your ass will follow
The kingdom of heaven is within
Open up your funky mind and you can fly

Sumdeus
Quote by skwelcher

or if you're in Wormed. HELL YEAh
Why don't you just try and scream like KileManA7X - YOU.

If you feel the need to attempt to imitate your favourite screamer, it becomes artificial, which leads to scream sounding forced and / or un-natural.

If you had a favourite lecturer, you wouldn't try to imitate his voice, you would just perform lectures in your own natural voice.
Quote by Valderama

If you feel the need to attempt to imitate your favourite screamer, it becomes artificial, which leads to scream sounding forced and / or un-natural.

If you had a favourite lecturer, you wouldn't try to imitate his voice, you would just perform lectures in your own natural voice.

surprising how many people dont realize this...
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by Valderama

This. Develop your own unique sound.
use your talking voice, and raise it as loud as you can. there you go, your now screaming. works even better with a microphone and pa
Quote by alm0st a skat3r
yeah i remember when i had a good conscience. now i dont give a ****

xxx
smoke weed, drink 40's, **** titties