So me and my friend are jammin on a crate... And it has 3 different settings and a pedal that turns on the different settings. I plug in a death metal pedal. Out of raw curiosity i turn on all the settings, and the death metal pedal... We start to hear something when we stop playing. We turn it up... We hear a talk about jesus... My best guess is we picked up a radio station... I didn't know that was possible. Is it? Or is god trying to tell me i'm a horrible person?
thats hilarious! once when i was little, i made a 4 foot foil antenna on the already large antenna of my radio, and all i could get were the spanish stations. nothing local even!

7 String+ ERG Legion!!

LTD Snakebyte
Agile AL-727
ESP Horizon
Warmoth Swirled 7
Schecter C-1 Classic
Frankentele
Laney Ironheart 60w + Avatar Cab

no, i can pick up radio with my crybaby

GUITARS CURRENTLY USED
Ibanez RG7621
Ibanez RG121
ESP LTD H-400
it happens with poorly grounded things, usually.

I'm guessing what happened is that your grounding is fine, just a little bit of signal is still getting through. when you turn on all the settings, and have huge amounts of gain, you just amplified that tiny signal

if it happens normally, though.. yeah, grounding issue..
That happened to me once. I had a distortion pedal, and a crappy little mg 10 and i heard voices that said something along the lines of fear god or burn in hell...

I used an octafuzz the other day and cranked it and i thought i was hearing voices.
I am the only sane person on the planet. Does that make me crazy?

Crank the Mids
I pick up Christian-Spanish radio stations on my Crybaby as well. I also get a particular gospel station on my ipod radio station in my car on my way to school in a ceratin spot. It's cool to hear it in the quiet in or between songs, especially when I listen to Tool.
i pick up the sports channel on my od pedal.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Quote by FerdyFerd
So me and my friend are jammin on a crate... And it has 3 different settings and a pedal that turns on the different settings. I plug in a death metal pedal. Out of raw curiosity i turn on all the settings, and the death metal pedal... We start to hear something when we stop playing. We turn it up... We hear a talk about jesus... My best guess is we picked up a radio station... I didn't know that was possible. Is it? Or is god trying to tell me i'm a horrible person?
I've got radio on my rig. Except it makes it buzz like mad, and it renders my guitar unplayable.

You can get gold plated leads that are designed to prevent that sort of thing. I'm going to get one today and see if it fixes my problem.
Quote by Quinlan
I pick up Christian-Spanish radio stations on my Crybaby as well. I also get a particular gospel station on my ipod radio station in my car on my way to school in a ceratin spot. It's cool to hear it in the quiet in or between songs, especially when I listen to Tool.
Tool's Cool
Lol I had a bass amp and I picked up the radio transmission from a local Fire Department..they were laughing about some fat chick...
Quote by satanicgurrl
Is this amazing? Could it be?
This newly posted mp3

Quoth the server "4 0 3"

Official Gain Wh0re

Gear:

• ESP LTD EC-1000 Black Cherry
  • Hartke LH500 Full Stack
  • Line 6 Pod HD Pro
Quote by FerdyFerd

My buddy's bass amp does the same thing. We're terrible people too, so God needs to send us messages where we'll listen. Eh. Whatever.

You're going to hell!

Jk!
Axes;
Ibanez S Prestige (Bubinga Top)
ESP LTD MH-103
Ibanez GiO with DiMarzio D-Activator X's!
'96(ish) Fender Stratocaster

Amps;
Mesa Boogie Road King II
Fender '65 Reissue

Joe Satriani's Group

Stop the Pick Gnomes!
i used to pick up air traffic from BWI on my little crate amp haha it was so annoying.
Warmoth Telecaster Deluxe. Warmoth Strat. Seagull Artist Portrait Acoustic.

"Well good God damn and other such phrases, I haven't heard a beat like this in ages!"
-Dan Le Sac Vs The Scroobius Pip
I used to catch some Arabic gibberisch radio on my old amp, at a certain time at night. I noticed when I once left my amp on just to go down for dinner, but forgot all about it afterwards, until waking up at night. Very strange.