hi GG & A Ive been looking on a few websites and I finally found a store that sells Peaveys in Melbourne and Ive narrowed my selection down to 4 amps

http://www.mannys.com.au/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=1954

http://www.mannys.com.au/store/index.php?act=viewProd&productId=1951

http://www.cranbournemusic.com.au/cstore/935087000087.html

http://www.cranbournemusic.com.au/cstore/930011009744.html

so which one do you guys think would be best for metal in general, rock and punk or If I'm missing something that would be a good option my budget would be around $1000 AUD and before you guys say go try them out for yourself I plan to but in the near future I can only see myself being able to go to one of the stores the two Peaveys are at one and the Randall and Bugera are at the other so what do you guys think
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Living stone distortion pedal
Digitech RP250
Last edited by dukeofmetal at Sep 13, 2009,
IMO? Option 2 or 4.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Last edited by strat0blaster at Sep 13, 2009,
yea i was leaning towards that or the Randall but I was wondering how the Vyper stacks up against a valve amp because all those effects seem like a bonus
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
valveking

built in effects are a minus imo
Quote by HaKattack
Woman tone, eh?

Set treble to PUT THE TOILET SEAT DOWN WHEN YOU'RE DONE
Mids to YOU'RE DRIVING TOO FAST
Bass to WHAT DO YOU MEAN, "MAKE ME A SANDWICH"?
Gain to NOT TONIGHT, I HAVE A HEADACHE.

starter of the nadsat group
Quote by dukeofmetal
yea i was leaning towards that or the Randall but I was wondering how the Vyper stacks up against a valve amp because all those effects seem like a bonus

In my experience, stuff like the Vypyr, Roland's Cube series, and the like are good for practice. For gigging, I wouldn't bother.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
thats a toughie, those are all really cheap amps back in the us, umm, the vypyr is solid state so it wont have the reactiveness as a tube but you can do an ass load of features. the bugera's are nice, but not the best. the randall is just a pure metal head amp. but the single 12at7 tube kinda confuses me. valvekings sound kinda blunt i must say, ive played one of those things through a mesa 412, and it didnt exactly cut out for me. and thats with dual emg's on my schecter hellraiser. if you want to look for an amp that will play very sharp, then i would go for the randall, blunter midrange rif***e would be best with the valveking, but id say the best overall would be that solid state vypyr. the bugera's are bout between the randall and the valveking.
schecter hellraiser c-1 fr
GAS list...
Mesa roadster with 2/12 recto cab
PGM 301
98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels
option 2 is a good one and the only one i have experienced sorta. I played the head version and it sounded pretty cool. please stay away from option 1. modeling = gay balls
"Blood is thicker then stripper sweat."
-Ballsuckulus "aka Marc Justus"
which has the biggest tonal variety??

EDIT: I think iI'm gonna knock the vyper out of the running now
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
Last edited by dukeofmetal at Sep 14, 2009,
Your safest bet, IMO, is the Valveking.

Look used as well, though. If you're patient, it can pay off. I found a Peavey XXX 2x12 for $500 USD.

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
It's you
great buy on the XXX!!!! I payed $700
"Blood is thicker then stripper sweat."
-Ballsuckulus "aka Marc Justus"
Peaveys seem pretty rare around here and I honestly don't mind paying the asking price

EDIT: it says the Randall has on bored effects does anyone know what they are??
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
Last edited by dukeofmetal at Sep 14, 2009,
Quote by charles753df
option 2 is a good one and the only one i have experienced sorta. I played the head version and it sounded pretty cool. please stay away from option 1. modeling = gay balls

+1

The only amps I would ever use for a live situation that are considered model amps are the Vetta and Flextone.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
I have extensively played all four and I can tell you that ilike the Bugera the best. It has slot of great features for the price. Sure, it doesn't have onboard FX, but the tone is worth it. The Valveking is ok imo, but not great. The Randall intersted me at first, but I couldn't end up getting a good sound out of it. Try them all out and see what you think, but I strongly suggest the Bugera.

-Gibson LP VM
-Silvertone Kentucky Blue
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
Haha. UG's Chuck just said chuck. haha
You're not truly playing guitar unless you know theory.
^^ cool i will try is out as I was already planning on but the one thing about that is its tone good for metal because all the reviews say it is a vintage amp good for mainly classic rock
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
With the overdrive pedal I mentioned it can easily get Metallica tones cranked. If you that 55 watts is to loud to crank, they also had a 22 watt version. Depends what kind of metal though. With a boost it can do early Metallica. I'm not sure about modern metal though. Try one out with an overdrive andnsee what you think.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
yea I like a lot of the modern metal all the way up to death metal but maybe something like a tubescreamer would do it
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
Hmmmm
Well, when I tried it out myself, I didn't go any heavier than Metallica, so I can't help you there. Go to the store and ask to try one out with an overdrive. Also remember that a tube amp will always have more distortion when cranked.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
yea i know I'll give it a shot but there's always the Randall and the Valveking
My Gear
Cort EVL X4
Jackson RR3 Cobalt Blue
Peavey Bandit 112
Digitech RP250
The Randall would be good too.
I played 2 Valvekings side by side. One was stock, and one had swapped speakers and tubes. The stock one sounded terrible compared to the one with work done to it.
If you get a Valveking, maybe look into changing the speaker and tubes down the road.

-Gibson LP VM
-MXR CC Delay
-Ibanez TS-9
-Egnater Rebel 20

My rig is simple
ValveKing.
Fender American Special HSS Stratocaster
Ibanez 1987 Roadstar II Deluxe
Yamaha THR10X
Marshall JCM900 SL-X
Ibanez WD-7 Weeping Demon Wah
TC Electronic Polytune
Seymour Duncan Tweakfuzz