Unfortunately, it has nothing to do with guitars...One of the local shops, (Spotlight Music Store) has just expanded into a larger building and put a cafe in. I put a resume in about six months ago and they called me in to help with making coffee beverages due my previous experience in the trade. Hopefully I'll be able to get into the guitar shop itself before too long. Still though, it's an awesome job. Yesterday they had Larry Mitchell in for a clinic and I got to watch him shred his guitar for about six hours while I was in the cafe (they have a stage set up at the back for such occasions.) It's way way better than working at Safeway that's for damn sure haha. Anyone else get a cool new job recently?
I like this, i also had the nasty urge to say "cool story bro" il bet youll get soem off that
I unforutunately work at Wendys....

but I also teach lessons at a local music shop on Wednesday nights ^.^
Quote by sluffinator
Yeh this guy knows his ****... just listen to him XD

Quote by ScreamingCheeto
NaivexLi is anything but naive. His post was a pretty good source of info.

Thanks

Quote by MightyAl

Pro tip, kids - girls are NOT impressed by your blood.
I work at a local burger place and get paid $10 an hour to stand around making shakes and lemonades and cashiering. It's pretty kick ass.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by Oroborous
I think I'm about to quit my job. I can't take it anymore

Where do you work?
I've been on unemployment since November.
Sure.... I get $525 a week, but it's much less than I normally make.
I'm climbing the walls sitting at home all day.
Congrats on the job.
Quote by blackjack68
I'm a Lab Rat. I test drugs. Last study I did, I stayed there for 4 days, got an MRI, a Chest X-ray, A Colonoscopy (where they found a polyp and removed it for free), did a few outpatient visits which included blood and urine samples and ECG, and they paid me $4,700.

All fun and games until your hair falls out.
Have fun with that.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
I am looking for a job still, sucks being jobless in a small town

Sucks being jobless in a big town too.
Quote by blackjack68
I'm a Lab Rat. I test drugs. Last study I did, I stayed there for 4 days, got an MRI, a Chest X-ray, A Colonoscopy (where they found a polyp and removed it for free), did a few outpatient visits which included blood and urine samples and ECG, and they paid me $4,700.

you son of a B, i would love that, cept the colonoscopy
im the drunkest burning star
Quote by GustavoGonzalez

Keep in mind that this "lab rat" has had more fingers up his @ss than Elton John.
Quote by GustavoGonzalez

Colonoscopy was the easiest part, I slept through the whole thing. The "cleansing" I had to go through the night before with a jug of gatorade and a bottle of laxative absolutely sucked!

..... I don't quite understand the Elton John comment.
Last edited by blackjack68 at Sep 14, 2009,
Quote by blackjack68
Colonoscopy was the easiest part, I slept through the whole thing. The "cleansing" I had to go through the night before with a jug of gatorade and a bottle of laxative absolutely sucked!

..... I don't quite understand the Elton John comment.

Gay humor is evidently lost on your @ss.
I'm saddened by your comments.... seriously....
Hope it's worth the money. There's better ways to make cash without putting your health (or anus) in jeopardy.
Quote by Oroborous
at your username

Yeah I guess i should have it changed to Ineedmoremoney427.
Quote by jmonko
I dont have a job, but I'm trying to get one at the local Pet Land. Im also trying to land an internship with the local Wildlife Rehabilitation Center.

EDIT: Forgot, congrats dude. Hopefully you can slowly move up into the actually store.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping for. Either way it's infinitely better than what I was doing before. Grocery stores suck to work at. Safeway kept scheduling me over my classes and getting pissed when I didn't show up.
I work at TGI Friday's now as a host. Not much to do, just chill and get paid.
Worked at Kelly's Roast Beef and Seafood as a cook before; great job if anyone knows the place.
Also worked Best Buy for 2 years.
Never
EVER
work at Best Buy.
EVER.
Quote by Vikingx
Gay humor is evidently lost on your @ss.
I'm saddened by your comments.... seriously....
Hope it's worth the money. There's better ways to make cash without putting your health (or anus) in jeopardy.

I guess I just didn't equate having a colonoscopy with being gay, sorry.

The testing I do is really quite safe, the last drug I tested has been approved and been used in Japan for the last 25 years, but it had to go through additional tests to be approved in the states. So it's really low risk stuff.

And to be honest, by catching a colon polyp that was already there and could have turned cancerous, they very likely extended my life by many years. I'm pretty happy about that.
Quote by Stupified
I work at TGI Friday's now as a host. Not much to do, just chill and get paid.
Worked at Kelly's Roast Beef and Seafood as a cook before; great job if anyone knows the place.
Also worked Best Buy for 2 years.
Never
EVER
work at Best Buy.
EVER.

Just curious, why?
Quote by blackjack68
I guess I just didn't equate having a colonoscopy with being gay, sorry.

The testing I do is really quite safe, the last drug I tested has been approved and been used in Japan for the last 25 years, but it had to go through additional tests to be approved in the states. So it's really low risk stuff.

And to be honest, by catching a colon polyp that was already there and could have turned cancerous, they very likely extended my life by many years. I'm pretty happy about that.

Glad to hear it... seriously.
Don't let your financial situation get in the way of your health. It's a slippery slope.
Quote by jmonko
I had the same thing happen when I worked at Mcdonalds. I was only in high school and they get having me work when I was supposed to be in class.

It's pretty ridiculous. Safeway refused to give me a fixed schedule because it's against company policy. It's an evil company. You have to pay union dues (why the hell does a grocery store need a union anyway?), there's no discount for employees, they have secret shoppers, the lot. I used to get offered tips all the time and had to refuse them because they'd fire you for accepting them. None of that applies to where I'm at now. I also get a 20 percent discount on gear even though I don't work with the guitars.
Quote by Guitarfreak777
Just curious, why?

It's so unbelievably corrupt, I couldn't begin to explain.

I got fired for attending my uncle's wedding.

*Sorry. Replace wedding for funeral...it's late, I just got home from work, excuse please.
Last edited by Stupified at Sep 14, 2009,
Quote by Stupified

Yeah I've heard terrible things about Best Buy. Bogartin' sons of bitches they are.
Quote by NaivexLi
I unforutunately work at Wendys....

but I also teach lessons at a local music shop on Wednesday nights ^.^

**** I quit wendys because of the stupid people that go order and then change it AFTER! you charge em, making you void the item!!! ugh!!!

They where gonna fire me to I left

Also is it posible to work at guitar center if you know nothing about guitar exep ho wto play them lol
I work at a seafood restaurant, doing dishes and sometimes helping around the kitchen and cleaning and stuff. Not fun, I work with good people though. I am trying to get another job and I will work at both. I want to try and work at the local music store, I dont know if they will hire a 14 year old though. Worth a shot I guess
Quote by Stupified

*Sorry. Replace wedding for funeral...it's late, I just got home from work, excuse please.

Sorry to hear about your uncle.
I've been married twice... a wedding and a funeral are much the same thing.
Again... sorry about your uncle.
Quote by Stupified

I knew they were corrupt, just didn't know how much.

That is a real low blow for any company to do :/
Quote by jmonko
Really?
My brother in law is a first assistant at Safeway. Im pretty sure he gets a discount.

Maybe it's different for the higher management types. I was just a deli clerk and there was definitely no discount offered for any of us back there. Even my department manager was charged full price for her purchases.
I'm thinking about applying at the nearby guitar center. If I'm gonna hate my job, I might as well be selling squires and spider 3's to kids. And get to show off my awesome geetar skills every once in a while
Quote by Stupified

Wow. I actually applied there this summer but didn't even get an interview. Now I feel lucky.
E-peen:
Rhodes Gemini
Fryette Ultra Lead
Peavey 6505
THD Flexi 50

Gibson R0 Prototype
EBMM JP13 Rosewood
Fender CS Mary Kaye

WTLT

(512) Audio Engineering - Custom Pedal Builds, Mods and Repairs
Quote by jmonko
Sorry to hear that. If I still lived with him, and my sister I would ask him if he knew why.

It doesn't matter now I'm out of there. Safeway can suck a railroad spike.
Quote by Oroborous
I'm thinking about applying at the nearby guitar center. If I'm gonna hate my job, I might as well be selling squires and spider 3's to kids. And get to show off my awesome geetar skills every once in a while

I know a guy who works at the Guitar Center here in town. He doesn't have many good things to say about it. Too many kids come in and wreck **** then just leave. For some reason that doesn't happen where I'm at now.