So last night as I prowled my way through the 'ole kijiji/craigslist I found a BBE Boosta Grande pedal for $50. A totally spur of the moment thing, I had been wanting to get an OD pedal at some point and figured "Why not go out and get it!" (even though I now have $3.66 in my bank account )

Anyways, here be your pr0n.

Mmm, blue light..

I also bought a Voodooman Tap Tempo footswitch mooonths ago (hense the thread name), from somebody off craigslist for $25 who got it directly from the Voodooman himself. I figured it's alot smaller, more b00tique (hah barely), and possibly cheaper than the boss footswitch so why not right?

Group shot:

Slightly modded wah innards for the heck of it (I'll be changing the inductor + true bypassing it aswell once I get more throw-away money.)

Tasty right? NOPE, not quite. I've got a few problems on my hands with the Boosta Grande and the Tap Tempo. I found today at band practice that pushing the Boost through the front of the amp didn't quit "tighten low end" or "add more gain" like I would've assumed it should. Most people use Bad Monkeys to boost their Valvekings but really this shouldn't be much different should it? I also had the amplifiers gain between 7-10 the whole time, should I be turning it down to get the boost pedal to really do its job? I also found that when I had the boost pedal in the chain (on or off), whenever I would turn on the amps 'gain boost' button it'd create a nonstop sound I had never heard before. It wasn't quite like feedback and the iSP Decimator could do nothing to stop it. Taking the pedal out of the chain fixed the problem however. Hmm?

ALSO, I can unfortunately never get any use out of the tap tempo switch because at band practice I hear a prominent ticking noise that coincides with the tempo that was tapped. I read other threads advising to try moving the delay pedal away from the amp, and to try putting the pedals power adapter in a different wall plugin than the amp. Neither of these worked, any suggestions? (It doesn't do this with my Line 6 Spider 15 watt practice amp at home.)

Thanks!

(P.S. For reference, today I was using a One-Spot adapter for my wah, decimator, and delay, and I was using the adapter that came with the Boosta Grande to power it because my daisy chain wasn't long enough.
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by samlocke14
isnt the boosta grande a clean boost not an OD? if so that woukd explain why it did not tighten up your amp at all
The BG is indeed a clean boost. You'll have to be already pushing the amp (assuming it's a tube amp) pretty hard before the BG will add any dirt.
Quote by Marty Friedman
Because I bend in such an unorthodox fashion; the notes kinda slide up and slide down...
Quote by ch0
The BG is indeed a clean boost. You'll have to be already pushing the amp (assuming it's a tube amp) pretty hard before the BG will add any dirt.

ahhh thought so, TS sorry but you wasted your money, you need to buy an overdrive pedal not a clean boost
Quote by samlocke14
ahhh thought so, TS sorry but you wasted your money, you need to buy an overdrive pedal not a clean boost

Really though, whats the difference in this situation?
Don't they both boost the volume of the guitar signal?
100w Peavey Valveking Head
Mesa Rectifier 4x12 Standard Cab
Ibanez RG 321
Boss DD-7
iSP Decimator x2
BBE Boosta Grande
Modded Crybaby
MXR Blue Box
Numark Power Conditioner
Korg DTR-1000
Quote by Faux~Affliction
Really though, whats the difference in this situation?
Don't they both boost the volume of the guitar signal?

stolen from the internet:

1) Boost: clean (transparent) boost is designed to do just that ... boost your original guitar signal with as little coloration as possible, if turned up high, it can drive your amp into it's natural overdrive (saturation) without drastically altering or coloring your original sound. However, the amount of overdrive in this case depends solely on your amps own sound and circuitry ... pushing a cascaded gain JCM800 will yeild much different gain levels then pushing a clean Sound City that may stay pretty clean even when pushed very hard at the input.

2) Overdrive: transparent or not, it's primary use is to push your amp into clipping (overdrive) much like a clean boost but most if not all OD pedals have some sort of a clipping/distortion or gain stage of their own and they will add some "dirt" to the sound ... some are more transparent then others and may have different EQ controls. The amount of "dirt" produced by the pedal itself may be sufficient for one's needs without pushing the amp into overdrive (saturation), however, most amp/pedal combos sound the best when the amp is driven hard and the pedal adds to the sound as opposed to relying solely on the pedal's own overdrive sound

hope that helps clarify things a bit
The sound is your daisy chain. I had the same problems....not the clicking, but the sound from the OD. Cept mine was from the BBE Sonic Maximizer.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
nice man
HNPD
GEAR
ESP LTD Alexi-200