can anyone help with the following:

a fishery uses the following model for the absolute growth rate:

dP/dt = rP(1-[P/K]) - h

where h is the constant absolute harvest rate

a) if r = 1.04 and K = 100, calculate the harvest rate h which gives an equilibrium at P(eq) = 55

b) using the above values of r, K and h, show that the model can be re-written in the factorised form

dP/dt = (r/K)(P-a)(b-P)

and find the values of a and b

c) thus, use separation of variables and partial fractions to show that

ln|P-45| - ln|P-55| = K(A)t + C

where C is an arbitrary constant. find the value of K(A) -------> note! i dno how to get subscripts. so K(A) reads as "K sub A"

d) next, calculate the value of the arbitrary constant if P = 46 when t = 0. then, find the time taken for the population to increasefrom 46 to 54

cheers in advance
Quote by MrChief
tbh i wanted to watch 2 girls one cup , and the website i clicked on was totally corrupt.

and the video was sick.

Current gear:
Slash Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Hiwatt G50R
BOSS ME-50
Fascinating, quite intriguing.
Originally Posted by neopowell
I'm perfectly capable of rating my own poo, I don't need a website to help me. I've devised strict criteria based on texture, smell, ease of passing and numerous other factors. It's even colour-coded.

ಠ_ಠ
part a,c and d are relatively easy...cant be bothered to go through b... here's a:

0=rP(1-[P/K])-h
h=25.74
Wanted to play Bass, but then developed conscious thought...
Quote by metalmouth22
Fascinating, quite intriguing.

Anyway, how about doing your homework yourself?
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.
Quote by Boxofplox
Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

this thread is now about fish:

(and creepy old men with measuring sticks).

have a bump, threadstarter!
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian
*reported*
put it in the maths/science thread - i'll answer it there
a) Stick your values in, dP/dt=0 since the population isn't changing. Rearrange to find h, easy enough aye?

b) Expand everything out, factorise it again to get your answer.

c) From b):

dP/dt = (r/K)(P-a)(b-P)

So (integral) 1/[(P-a)(b-P)]=(integral) r/K dt.

Fix up the LHS with partial fractions, integrate and use laws of logs to get the 2 lns in the answer, hopefully divided by something, which you can name K(A). Put your constant on the RHS, name it K so you can say K(A)K=C, so the answers is found.

d) is just sticking numbers into c). First part, just throw your numbers in, rearrange for C. Second part, sub P=45 and P=54 and find the difference between the corresponding values of t this gives.

(PS, the reasons I've not actually done a questions are that a)I haven't slept in about 30 hours, and b) I haven't done this kinda stuff since last June, so I'm bound to screw up)
Quote by 'Leviathan'
Mind = blown.

just look at the calming picture of the huge fish. it'll assuage/massage your mind
Quote by icaneatcatfood
On second thought, **** tuning forks. You best be carrying around a grand piano that was tuned by an Italian