Alright, so Ive been playing for about a year now, I can play my scales competently (not lightning fast, but I can play them), I know my chord shapes, I can play pretty much any song that uses power chords well enough, because the transitions are easy for me now.

Buuuuuuuuut...

1. Solos and I guess what I would call instrumental picking, or single note picking (For example, August Burns Red's lead guitar style) still give me insane amounts of trouble, and this leads into my question: I know that this is simply a procedure of playing these pieces at a slow speed and then working up to the song's tempo, however, I have licks that I come up with in my head that I feel sound pretty awesome to me, however, my hand cant put it down on the fretboard.

What can I do to improve my finger accuracy, or is improvisation something that is still out of reach for my skill level?

2. My strumming: I know this is something Ive shouldve worked on way earlier, but there are some songs (the verse for Bayside's Devotion And Desire, is one example) that still give me problems while strumming.

Is there anything in particular I can do to improve strumming technique?

Using that Bayside song again, the verse goes "3 33 333" (Hopefully you can understand that). The way Ive been strumming it is to downstroke, mute, downstroke/upstroke, mute, downstroke/upstroke/downstroke, mute. However, I dont get the sound to play long enough to keep up with the song's tempo, which leads me to believe Im not strumming it correctly.

3. This one is not a biig deal, but when picking breakdowns, how shallow should I be picking to play triplets accurately? Im tending to find that with the way Im picking now, I cant play triple notes fast enough.

Hopefully this isnt confusing, and any help would be greatly appreciated =)
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212
Last edited by Mitochondria9 at Sep 14, 2009,
Conquer all by Behemoth and Raining Blood by Slayer helped me learn how to do triplets pretty fast, so thatll help with ur alternate picking
Equipment:

ESP F104 Bass
Spector Legend 5 Classic Bass
ESP B206SM Bass
Axl Mayhem Fireaxe Guitar
Gallien-Krueger 400RB-III Combo Bass Amp
Gallien-Krueger 115SBX Bass Cabinet
Quote by COBHC_Erick429
Conquer all by Behemoth and Raining Blood by Slayer helped me learn how to do triplets pretty fast, so thatll help with ur alternate picking

I'll have to look into that, thanks.
LTD MH-250NT (With EMG 81/85)
Ibanez RGT42FXQM
Bugera 6260
Seismic Audio 212